WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

General shortage online for Seiko SKX007

4K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  HawkI 
#1 ·
Does anyone know why it is near impossible to find the Seiko SKX007 online?

I have tried creation, joma, longisland and many other sites and cant find any in stock.

#5 ·
There's some on Amazon:

And I had a couple hundred matches on Ebay.
Thanks Glenn - that is helpful - I was hoping not to use Amazon since I am from SA and they dont ship here - so I would have to setup an alternative delivery address in the US etc etc but you are correct - Amazon looks like the correct option.

Its just strange that such a popular watch appears to be quite hard to get hold of on the main online watch sites.

#8 ·
Thanks to your responses - I will get my SKX007 from Amazon.

I have also just realised that the SKX is no longer (or about to be) being manufactured, so that probably explains why they are not as readily available as I would have thought. Yes - I know thats old news for you guys but I had no idea.

I want to buy a few Nato straps to go with my new watch - any recommendations on decent nato straps (must be amazon). I dont mind paying a bit more for quality so it does have to be the cheapest.

#14 ·
Well, I am so happy with my 007J that I am gonna buy one for the cupboard.

My son who wasnt keen on the watch when I was researching saw it in the flesh and he is completely mad about it so I will pick one up for him as well. I just hope they pop up on creationwatches again. My son is a collector by nature so when I told him they are going out of manufacture and will become a "collectable" in future he was completely sold!

#15 ·
Damn, wish I'd known that earlier! I was thinking of buying one as a present next year and maybe keeping another for myself, with a view to sending my current 007 for customisation when it's scraped, beaten, and in need of a service. Sounds like I need to be on the hunt now...

#16 · (Edited)
Wow. This is not the first time I've recently heard of this frustration of various forums either. I'm glad that I obtained my 009 when I did back in October of 2015. It took me a little while to warm up to it, but nothing that a Hirsch Robby sailcloth strap couldn't fix. Now I'm wearing it all of the time.

I was recently wishing that I had held out for a turtle reissue, but now am thinking that this was the better route, as the turtle case appears substantially larger. The skx007/007 has a nice, subtle, classic design that isn't too small, and isn't too large. I do wish however, that it would keep as good time as my 10 year old, and beat to death, Black Monster. But the timekeeping is adequate enough for the value proposition.

If seiko is indeed discontinuing, or going limited production on the skx, perhaps that will give them the flexibility to start introducing some special editions based on the case......I would rather spend for a skx with a domed sapphire crystal, raised and framed indices/lume plots, improved lume, diashield or a fully brushed case, etc..... I'm not too interested in modding, and would gladly pay the premium that is applied to similar Seiko special editions of regular production models. Honestly, I really like how the watch is presented now, but a flat crystal with zero AR coating applied to either side on a diver, is something only a Submariner owner could rationalize.

#17 ·
You can get a SKX007 with raised/applied indices. Just get an SKX171 and swap the bezel to an OEM SKX007. I had one of these back in the day, called the Poor Man's Marine Master.

Reactions: acomicbookguy
#19 ·
I wouldn't worry about it being discontinued. There's always shortages like this that make these threads pop up every year. If you google it, you'll see it popping up on other forums as well.

Maybe seikos onto a great marketing gimmick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Definitely agree with above. Have to go NATO band. Got my new daily beater on Amazon about 6 weeks ago.
I opted for the 009 at the last minute. I love it. A true bargain.
Put a NATO on it the very next day. The rubber band it comes with is kind of clunky.
Whats this about being discontinued?? I don't believe it. I bet these things sell like hot cakes at these prices.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

#24 ·
SKX009 and 007 discontinued? this makes me feel conflicted. on one hand how could they become discontinued? they're very popular and are absolute icons. on the other it would make them become even more of a collectors item than they are already, although with that their prices would also balloon on both the new and second hand markets.

#27 · (Edited)
It is my impression that they are getting harder to find, particularly at the prices they used to go for. It also seems places that used to have them are sold out. The prices from international ebay sellers and amazon (also international sellers) are considerably higher than they used to be. From what I've seen (and I just bought one within the last week) the "best" prices are right around $200 or a little over, which is what I just paid (with faster shipping that won't take a month from singapore). Some sellers are now asking astronomical prices for a 007 or 009. That someone would even think of paying hundreds of dollars for one of these watches is unbelievable, yet some sellers are trying to get that much. One is listed now for $550 BIN (with free shipping! what a bargain!)

Here's mine, see if you can find the fiber under the crystal- lol

Analog watch Watch Wrist Arm Watch accessory

#31 ·
I live in South Africa, but I can get it shipped to The US.

I picked up a 007J 2 weeks ago from creation shipped to SA in 4 days for $209 + $29 shipping plus about another $30 in misc costs.

I have looked at Rakuten and can't find anything. I have also tried Amazon, eBay, Sky, Joma and Chronograph.com

#32 ·
I was pretty shocked when I looked today and SkyWatches was sold out of almost ever SKX model. However, Long Island Watch just got in a new batch of SKX's, but according to their Facebook page it may be the last batch they ever receive. I did see someone say on here that a Seiko exec at BaselWorld said the SKX is still being produced, so hopefully this is just a shortage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.