The generosity of the WIS on WUS
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: The generosity of the WIS on WUS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A fellow by the username jaytaras posted this pic yesterday:

Attachment 1016161

I've been looking for a maroon Zulu, so I PM-ed him to ask from where he bought it. He wrote he was starting his own all-NATO strap company soon, and he wouldn't have the maroon in Zulu, only NATO, for the time being.
    The he wrote "If you want, you can have my sample strap," and he put it in the mail in a matter of hours.
    Now, _that's_ cool. I mean, I know it's good advertising and all (after all, here I am writing about it), but I haven't run into that sort of oh-you-like-it-you-can-have-it generosity since I had to talk an Iraqi security guard out of giving me the blazer I complimented, literally, off his back.
    That simple act really made my day, and it's going to look fantastic on the TSAR I have on the way.
    Thanks again, jaytaras. There are some fine people on these fora.
    Nato060, Ottovonn, dosei and 18 others like this.

Re: The generosity of the WIS on WUS

Yeah, the people here are awesome. I had a G-Shock that was missing a bezel once, that particular bezel is nearly impossible to come by, and this one fellow (who's quite popular over on the G-Shock Forum) by the name of Tribe125 sent me, not only the bezel, but an entire watch. He said it wasn't working properly so I could have it and use it for parts should I ever need screws or a new LCD screen or something like that. All free of charge, it's unbelievable how generous some of the people here are.

It's not just the generosity here but the general civility -- although the odd flaming happens, almost all the conversations are constructive and outright pleasant. I know these forums have great moderators, but one really gets the sense that all the civility comes naturally from the members.

I cannot think of another newsgroup, mailing list, or forum I've been on since discovering the internet in '93 or '94 that is so abundantly civil and generous.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cesium_standard View Post
    It's not just the generosity here but the general civility -- although the odd flaming happens, almost all the conversations are constructive and outright pleasant. I know these forums have great moderators, but one really gets the sense that all the civility comes naturally from the members.

I cannot think of another newsgroup, mailing list, or forum I've been on since discovering the internet in '93 or '94 that is so abundantly civil and generous.
    That is nice to hear... It is rare for a wide access forum not to have the problem of the 1% who behave like ego centric children when in anonymous media.

I suspect the high level of civility of the membership here is due to the un-civil being culled. This is a result of the owner's ethics... and his experiences in teaching problem children! LOL
    jaytaras likes this.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I have been the recipient of the same type of kindness and can echo the pride and appreciation I have for this forum, it's owners and mods and for the members who make it a great place. It is really the only one I spend time on anymore.

In my case I have a Pro II bracelet on loan from an awesome fellow. I can't express how great full I am!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    jaytaras likes this.
    Dan

Not entirely sure what I'm collecting anymore....

NS-13

Yes, many of the people on WUS are very generous and helpful people. To the cool kids, we're still all watch nerds... But generous and helpful ones!
    drickster and jaytaras like this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Although relatively new here, I have the same feelings of camaraderie regarding this forum. After less than a year, I am planning visits with two forum members. One other thing; there seems to be a modicum of intelligence here ... except for me, sorry.

WUS is a great forum. The people here seem to be the nicest on the web.
    jaytaras likes this.
    Collection:
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas
    JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Breguet Marine Grande Date
    Tudor Black Bay Black
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50

I absolutely agree, very nice people here in WUS... And the Sales Forum has been great to me too!
    Even when I'm currently located far away, I was able to sell three watches (all of them to members with low count posts) and I bought two (one $ 500 piece, the second one for $ 1,700). All my transactions were smooth and satisfactory (knock on wood for the future ones to be like them).
    I make a point of always replying when someone sends me a PM, for whatever reason. Being polite is also important, I think...
    Last edited by Fomenko; March 21st, 2013 at 07:00.

And lets not forget the awesome watch giveaways that happen from time to time!! How cool is that?
    Last edited by sirgilbert357; March 22nd, 2013 at 16:09.
    jaytaras, 440saw and Citizen V like this.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information