George J Von Burg

Thread: George J Von Burg

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

George J Von Burg

Hi Everyone,
    A newbie here to the forum. Before to ask any questions I want to introduce myself. I was born and raised in Europe , moved here 12yrs ago and leave happily in the Midwest.I grew up with mechanical watches and later quartz and kind of like them both . Always divided between their advantages and disadvantages . This forum is so cool I can't believe I haven't discover it earlier. I have my eye on GJVB chronograph from his sports series colection and never owned one before so I'm seeking advice . Give me your two cents if you are familiar with the brand . I love the look of it and watched a video on you-tube from a guy from breitlingsource and he only said good things about it.
    Thanks in advance .Zonk

Re: George J Von Burg

To me, there're just run-of-the-mill chronos, at there're pricing you can do much better.

I just looked at the Classic 7750 and I must say as a collector of vintage chronos, I like it a lot. I don't see the price as prohibitive, and like that it is made entirely in Switzerland. I may just consider one for myself.
    Rick

Incoming: Heuer Autavia 'Siffert'

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yea I like them but their website need some work and they are not very well known here in US.Thanks for the replies , keep them coming.

Banned

I would say they are not terribly well known in Europe either.. or here in the Caribbean...

In fact, I have never heard of them!

I've know anout them for about 4-5 years now. The Von Burg family has a rather extensive history in watch making. The company is now on it's 3rd generation if I remember correctly.
    Their prices are reasonable but even better if you can find one in the used market.
    I've never owned one myself but I have heard only good things about them.

Banned

Any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Any links?
    First time I heard of them was in one of the yearly watch magazines. Here's what a quick search turned up. I was wrong, there in their 4th generation now. It apears they're owned by Clara SA now.

George J Von Burg | The Watch Collector

Manufacture George J Von Burg

I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue bird View Post
    I've know anout them for about 4-5 years now. The Von Burg family has a rather extensive history in watch making. The company is now on it's 3rd generation if I remember correctly.
    Their prices are reasonable but even better if you can find one in the used market.
    I've never owned one myself but I have heard only good things about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue bird View Post
    First time I heard of them was in one of the yearly watch magazines. Here's what a quick search turned up. I was wrong, there in their 4th generation now. It apears they're owned by Clara SA now.
    Just to piggyback, but it all started with the family business of manufacturing parts for bigger and well known watch companies. They eventually branched off and started manufacturing their own line of watches. They make some nice watches in particular their use of Valjoux 77XX series of movements. They are great value for the money spent given other comparable watches in their range. It use to be able to get a Valjoux series movement for around $1,200.00 U.S.. Those prices have since changed as of a couple of years of ago, not even factoring the price of watches with gold content either. The resale market is pretty strong too. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information