Glashute for $150??

Thread: Glashute for $150??

Glashute for $150??

I know the picture is crap, but this watch is for sale at a local 2 bit pawn shop. I'm a total noob when it comes to watches, but aren't Glaschute's VERY expensive watches?

(I originally posted this in the picture forum, but this is a better place I think...sorry about that)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Glashute for $150??

Quote Originally Posted by captaincheat View Post
    I know the picture is crap, but this watch is for sale at a local 2 bit pawn shop. I'm a total noob when it comes to watches, but aren't Glaschute's VERY expensive watches?

(I originally posted this in the picture forum, but this is a better place I think...sorry about that)
    well, your kinda right.

No, Glashutte is not a company nor is it a brand of watch. It is a City in Germany.

Your thinking of Glashutte Original, which make very high end timepieces, (not coincidentally) in Glashutte, Germany. There are many brands with the word Glashutte in them, but the expensive on your thinking of is GO (Glashutte Original). and is not the watch shown, plus unless its a Patek, womens watches dotn go for much, if your trying to buy for investment.

Hope this helps. if i were you i wouldnt buy that watch unless it was solid gold (might be) and could be sold for its gold content.

Its kind of like having the word Geneva in a brand name. its a city in Switzerland.
    Last edited by polaco23; March 22nd, 2009 at 22:51.

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by captaincheat View Post

This is a GUB = Glashütter Uhrenbetriebe and was made in the German Democratic Republic when the Glashütte watch manufacture was a people owned factory (Volkseigener Betreb GUB). Absolutely a Glashütte watch though. But:
    The Glashütte watches you are talking about - which are very expensive - have been made before 1945 (pocket watches- J.Assmann, Glashütte for example) and after 1990 (Currently known as Glashütte Original).

The best place to ask would have been the German Watches Forum.

Your watch sells on ebay for 50 to 60 Euro if it sells.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; March 22nd, 2009 at 12:24.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One of the reasons of the low price is its a lady's watch, kinda out of style nowadays. And plus it would only be worth the amount of gold...

My Collection --> Click Here

Thread Information