glycine combat sub vs CW C60
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: glycine combat sub vs CW C60

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

glycine combat sub vs CW C60

I'm trying to decide which one to get. Glycine combat sub or Christopher Ward C60. I've read reviews on both and continuously looked at pictures/videos but still can't make up my mind. I keep swaying from one to the other. Can anyone offer any advice/opinion on either watch. Or on something similar in the same price range that I might not have looked at. Thanks.

Re: glycine combat sub vs CW C60

I have to imagine they're fairly comparable on the whole. Personally, I think it depends on color and strap combinations; as there are a few from either line I don't particularly care for. I suppose that doesn't help you much. For what it's worth, I do prefer the placement of the date window on the Combat Sub, so that might be enough to sway me.

Have you checked out the Longines Hydroconquest or Oris Aquis? They may be a bit pricier but both very similar options. There's also a ton of "micro-brand" divers available in that price range. Perhaps have a look in the dive forum for some lesser-known alternatives?
    Last edited by Zeroedout; October 21st, 2014 at 19:09.

I had a Glycine back in '68, it was an OK watch.
    Have a C-60 in my collection now, it's a good watch.
    My experience is.....they are both good watches, CW I think gives much better customer service.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have an airman base 22 which I love, which makes me lean towards the glycine. But I have heard good things about CW. I might just have to flip a coin.

Both good watches
    Hard to find objectively a watch better than the other one.
    I'd say the CW is more versatile with a dial a bit more dressy (IMHO)

Take the one you like

I've been seduced by the Glycine:

Dre

I own both a Combat Sub and a C60, both in blue (Glycine has an orange bezel). If forced to chose only one of those two, I'd keep the Glycine.

I prefer how it wears - long curving lugs that hug your wrist, nice thin case. Add to that some minor build quality issues with the C60 (bezel has a tiny bit of slop, bracelet was very difficult to fit to the case). If there's any minuses to the Glycine it's that the bezel is a bit hard to grip and turn. Still, I'd rather have a hard to turn bezel than one with slop in it.

That said, the C60 is a very sharp looking watch. The wave dial is really good looking. Here's pics of mine:

I have a C60 GMT in my hoard and I'm so pleased with it that I'm thinking of getting a green C60 to keep it company.

I also would vote for Glycine Combat and my opinion is certainly not objective - while having the largest vintage Glycine collection on this planet.I made something unusual and ordered a new/modern!!! Combat Golden Eye.It simply has all what I like.Black PVD on stainless steel case,bronze tone bezel,a tool watch which also fits under the cuffs,reliable movement and an enthusiastic circle of Glycine owners.It's the second oldest model line still manufactured by Glycine ( after Airman ) with nearly 50 years of history.

Glycine 'Combat' line started back in 1967 and had that unique hacking pin popping onto the dial like in Airman:

Name:  CombatPap1.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  169.8 KB

Name:  CombatHack.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  157.8 KB
    Last edited by Emre; October 21st, 2014 at 21:05.
    monza06 likes this.

I owned a couple of Combat Subs and they are great watches. They have a very low wrist profile, so don't look as bulky as the CW would I imagine. I also own a CW, albeit a dress model and have nothing bad to say about the quality or service; I even bought my girlfriend a CW.

The Glycine comes in a ton of colour options, so if you find one that you love I think you are set. However if you are after a more traditional chunkier diver, the CW would definitely be worth a look.
    Current rotation:
    Panerai PAM111
    G-Shock Mudman
    Breitling Navitimer A23322
    Bremont Supermarine S300BLK
    Tudor Pelagos 25600TN Black

Incoming: NIL

Either would be a solid choice. I prefer the Glycine for aesthetic reasons, so that's not much value to you unless you are buying it for me. Let us know what you end up with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information