Glycine Combat SUB vs Swiss Army Dive Master

Thread: Glycine Combat SUB vs Swiss Army Dive Master

MWH

Glycine Combat SUB vs Swiss Army Dive Master

Sorry if this is an old question, I've searched and cant find anything.
    As a noobee I'd decided to go for the Dive Master 500 automatic and then came across the Glycine Combat SUB Automatic and have no clue the differences between them (I've done some research into movements and it seems like not much difference, I may be completely wrong, as I say I'm new to the world of watches). I've read here about Glycine's and their reputation seems second to none, is there product better than the SA? I'm confused

Wich would you go for? Any major differences between the two? Are they so similar its just down to looks? Any help is much apreciated, thanks.

Name:  glycine_combat_sub_atomic.jpg
Views: 873
Size:  23.6 KB Glycine Combat SUB Automatic
    Name:  victorinox_swiss_army_dive_master_500_black_ice.jpg
Views: 1082
Size:  15.2 KBVictorinox Swiss Army Dive Master 500 Black Ice

Re: Glycine Combat SUB vs Swiss Army Dive Master

Sounds like you have done some research, But i would lean towards the Glycine. Not too sure I like the inconsistent approach to the bezel on the SA. The Glycine is a more conservative classic diver design while the SA is a bit more out there. Have you considered this one? i really like it.

Name:  0331d88f-2a34-46e0-bb67-33ce834b6255.jpg
Views: 845
Size:  187.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Regards Cam

MWH

Nice looking piece! I'll try and hunt one down and take a look at the prices here in London. I agree the SA design is a bit out there but I like it, I also like the Glycine This will probably sound like a stupid question to those of you with more knowledge but..... Is a watch that can go 500m depth better put together than one that can only go 200m? I always assumed that it was but now I'm not so sure, is it simply down to materials, or can it be taken as a sign of professional manufacturing?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Water resistance is also down to case design. Higher depth ratings usually mean thicker cases.

Between these two, the Victorinox is clearly more value for money. It has a 2892 movement vs Glycines 2824 and it seems to have more lume.

However, I don't think they are that comparable since the Victorinox is a large matte black military style diver while the Glycine is more subtle.

Lastly I think the Gylcine is 50% cheaper too.

MWH

Thanks, yep the Glycine is cheaper, I'm looking at a site and the Victorinox is on sale, the Glycine not, the tasty design of the Glycine threw my 'value for money radar' out Thanks for the reply, I'm still leaning towards the Victorinox.

For the record- i think the SA is pretty cool too. I'm sure that you would be happy with either.
    Regards Cam

The Glycine is cheaper? That's interesting.

Anyway, I'm a Glycine fan and really love their watches. I have one and it is very high quality. However, the Combat Sub is just a little boring; I think the VSA DM500 just look better. Though I can't speak to the quality of VSA watches as I've never had one, the DM500 would be my choice.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

MWH

Thanks for the input I've been looking aroun and a question poped into my head that I can't find my way through... why is it that Glycine are seen as a premium watch (by some and by some retailers) when Victorinox, for exaple are just as good at some models? is it that SA do a number of quarts action? Just a thought that I can't quite get around.... is it an action type thing or just history of the brand? (I don't have any preferance its just curiosity )

Thread Information