Glycine Eugene Meylan quality, your opinions please..

Thread: Glycine Eugene Meylan quality, your opinions please..

Glycine Eugene Meylan quality, your opinions please..

One of the Watches on my "wanted" list atm is the Glycine Eugene Meylan. But I've never had a watch from this brand before. Can anyone give me some info/opinions on the quality and finish of these ? Or even an insight into the feel/comfort of this particular model.

The obvious alternative to this is the Longines Spirit, but the Glycine seems to be of a higher specification (but I'm certainly no expert when it comes to mechanical watches)....

Re: Glycine Eugene Meylan quality, your opinions please..

Your best bet is to probably try the Glycine forum. Now, take the rest with a grain of salt since it is all from secondary sources:

From what I understand (I've been looking at the various Airman models), Glycine has recently been having a few quality control issues. I recall hearing of some watches being significantly off - e.g. 2 hours over a 24-hour time period. Hopefully they'll get the issue corrected.
    - Jeff ~nickname is Wolfwy (pronounced wulf-wee )

Re: Glycine Eugene Meylan quality, your opinions please..

he is right;go to the GLYCINE forum; I was one of those with a brand new out of the box Airman SST 06 that in 24 hours was over 5 hours off and the hands did not line up, there are now several posts that address this; as said; some have had no issues and love them; I sent mine back for a full credit as I was told it would be 7weeks or so for service; not too impressed to spend $$$ and then wait for 7 weeks to wear my NEW watch, just my .02, dogdoc

Thread Information