WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

GMT Master IIC(SS) or Rolex Submariner 16613 TT Blue? Which would you pick? Advice Needed.

8K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Seagull S6 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I made quite a killing these last 3 months so I'm planning to reward myself with a watch. There are 2 watches I really really like and can't make up my mind, and they are the GMT Master IIc(SS) and the Two Tone Blue Non-Ceramic Submariner.Here are the reasons why I like them:

GMT Master II: GMT Complication! Has the better and newer movement and ceramic bezel. Very versatile. However, looks very common. Just another SS watch.

Submariner TT: It's two toned! Solid Gold links. I've always wanted a TT Rolex, if money would allow I would get a GMT Master TT. But the the Sub TT has a certain charisma. Only downside for me is, it has an older movement, it is an older model. If they are priced the same, would you pay for something thats older?

Anyways if it were you guys which would you go for?

#2 ·
Get the TT sub. I don't like the looks of the new GMT IIc's. Also, how is it an older movement? Submariners have used the same movements since the early 80's. The GMT IIc uses the same movement in GMT II's from the 80's on up. The only thing different is the "outside."

Hey guys,

I made quite a killing these last 3 months so I'm planning to reward myself with a watch. There are 2 watches I really really like and can't make up my mind, and they are the GMT Master IIc(SS) and the Two Tone Blue Non-Ceramic Submariner.Here are the reasons why I like them:

GMT Master II: GMT Complication! Has the better and newer movement and ceramic bezel. Very versatile. However, looks very common. Just another SS watch.

Submariner TT: It's two toned! Solid Gold links. I've always wanted a TT Rolex, if money would allow I would get a GMT Master TT. But the the Sub TT has a certain charisma. Only downside for me is, it has an older movement, it is an older model. If they are priced the same, would you pay for something thats older?

Anyways if it were you guys which would you go for?

#7 ·
Sounds like you favor the Sub. The movement is just dandy, so buy that one.
Or you could stretch to the ceramic two-tone sub...

#12 ·
You should buy whatever you like, which sounds to be the TT Sub, but realize that the two tone takes a bigger hit during resale, which could be a good thing if you're buying preowned.

#16 ·
You said you always wanted a two tone rolex, so that's exactly what you should get. As far as movements are concerned, I believe that particular sub doesn't have the parachrom spring but other than that it's the exact same 3135 movement used in the modern ceramic subs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.