gmt sports watches

Thread: gmt sports watches

gmt sports watches

Hi all , as my 21st is fast approaching I want to get a nice watch ! I don't want to spend thousands or can't rather ! I really like the look of both the Christopher ward c60 trident GMT and the steinhart ocean vintage GMT :) if anyone could give me any tips or advice on either of the watches and or anything else similar and in the kind of under a 1000 price range would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance for any responses
    Cheers :)

gmt sports watches

Both great choices and with some inspiration from a Rolex explorer gmt. It looks like you want something along the lines of a dive watch styling, so my suggestion is more of a "take a look at another way this can be done" than a "here's a contender for you." But, do check out the hamilton khaki navy gmt. It uses the same movement but has a wheel showing the 2nd tz instead of a pointer. I, personally, find the method far superior in terms of readability. I'm also very fond of the internal rotating bezel.

Re: gmt sports watches

Quote Originally Posted by langers922 View Post
    Hi all , as my 21st is fast approaching I want to get a nice watch ! I don't want to spend thousands or can't rather ! I really like the look of both the Christopher ward c60 trident GMT and the steinhart ocean vintage GMT :) if anyone could give me any tips or advice on either of the watches and or anything else similar and in the kind of under a 1000 price range would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance for any responses
    Cheers :)
    I know your limit is $1000 but:

1. Tutima FX UTC: The Automatic FX UTC | Tutima

It features a ETA 2893-2. It is not top-grade or COSC but don't forget that a ETA 2893-2 costs double the ETA 2836-2. Retail price €1100,-. Think streets prices are €900,-. Diameter 38.5 mm and bracelet has a fine adjustment mechanism. Height approx 11 mm. Think it wears more like a 40 mm due to a rather largish crown compared to the Mido. Water resistance: 100 metres. Goody: it has a sapphire case back window. NOTE: the watch without the metal bracelet and leather straps costs considerably less. NOTE: if you search for Tutima FX you will often encounter reports from people having the crown falling off. However, Tutima customer service replied to my inquiry this week and confirmed that the newer Tutima FX line of watches will not suffer the same crown problem anymore.

2. Mido Belluna GMT. Use google an search: Mido Belluna GMT, M001.429.16.031.20

It features an elabore ETA 2893-2 which probably costs as much as the ETA 2836-2 top-grade COSC movement in the other Mido from the same line but no UTC (Mido M001.431.11.051.32). Diameter 40 mm and bracelet has fine adjustment pins. Height <11 mm and water resistance 100 metres. However, I think the case back window is ordinary mineral glass (but not sure). Regular retail prices are about €890,-. Street prices €800,- and much less for the leather strap version.
    Last edited by Uhrentraeger; February 15th, 2013 at 16:12.

Thread Information