Going on honeymoon with my Seamaster but can't afford to service it because honeymoon.
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Going on honeymoon with my Seamaster but can't afford to service it because honeymoon.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Going on honeymoon with my Seamaster but can't afford to service it because honeymoon.

So I'm going on my honeymoon after I get married in a few months and I'll be spending a great deal of time in the ocean and in the water etc.

I want to take my Seamaster but its like 12 years old.

I wanted to get it a full service before I went but since the honeymoon is costing so much I can't pay out for a service at this time.

Am I good to go still? Should I be worried about any of the seals, gaskets etc?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Re: Going on honeymoon with my Seamaster but can't afford to service it because honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston664 View Post
    So I'm going on my honeymoon after I get married in a few months and I'll be spending a great deal of time in the ocean and in the water etc.

I want to take my Seamaster but its like 12 years old.

I wanted to get it a full service before I went but since the honeymoon is costing so much I can't pay out for a service at this time.

Am I good to go still? Should I be worried about any of the seals, gaskets etc?

You could just let it be tested on WR?

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI CAN-L11 mit Tapatalk
    ffritz likes this.

Re: Going on honeymoon with my Seamaster but can't afford to service it because honeymoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinski View Post
    You could just let it be tested on WR?
    ^^ This.

Get it pressure tested. Using a 12 years old watch in water is definitely putting it at risk.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    ^^ This.

Get it pressure tested. Using a 12 years old watch in water is definitely putting it at risk.
    So if the pressure test comes back fine then I'm just good to go right?

And if they said it failed pressure test then that means it's time for a service?

Don't just do it. Either have it tested before you go on honeymoon or buy a G-Shock.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn FIG-LX1 met Tapatalk
    yankeexpress likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gaston664 View Post
    So if the pressure test comes back fine then I'm just good to go right?

And if they said it failed pressure test then that means it's time for a service?
    After 12 years it's time for a service no matter what. But that concerns the movement lubrication more than anything.

A pressure test will reveal if the seals still have the capability to withstand the stated WR limit. Let them do the full test with both rated pressure and low pressure for a longer time, if it passes both, there shouldn't be a problem. But only new seals followed by the required pressure test afterwards will give you 100% guarantee.
    gaston664 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ffritz View Post
    After 12 years it's time for a service no matter what. But that concerns the movement lubrication more than anything.

A pressure test will reveal if the seals still have the capability to withstand the stated WR limit. Let them do the full test with both rated pressure and low pressure for a longer time, if it passes both, there shouldn't be a problem. But only new seals followed by the required pressure test afterwards will give you 100% guarantee.
    I've just spoken with the local watch repairs guy and he said he can do a re seal and pressure test for £15!

Definitely worth doing and will get a full service ASAP.

ffritz likes this.

From your previous post about your current 12-year-old Seamaster, a full service should have been factored into the equation. Don't skimp on a full service with a partial service - have it fully serviced.

Until you have either flipped your Seamaster or have it fully serviced, purchase a watch with 100 m WR that can become your "beater" down the road.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/fli...s-4996797.html

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Hager626 View Post
    From your previous post about your current 12-year-old Seamaster, a full service should have been factored into the equation. Don't skimp on a full service with a partial service - have it fully serviced.

Until you have either flipped your Seamaster or have it fully serviced, purchase a watch with 100 m WR that can become your "beater" down the road.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/fli...s-4996797.html
    No harm in doing a seal and waterproofness service now and movement service later when funds are available. Most manufacturers offer these as distinct services (seal service is usually included with a movement service), often recommending a seal service between movement services. Depending on usage, the movement may not even need a service yet.
    rfortson likes this.