I’ve always liked gold. As a youngster, I liked collecting (small) gold coins from around the world. As I grew older, never being much into jewelry, when I did buy something, it would be gold, but never thick or gaudy.
When I started looking at and buying watches, they needed to have some gold features. Now, not so much.
I started wondering about and have some questions. Please answer any, all, or none if you please, thanks:
- Two-tone watches:
- Are they now too dated, or are there still timeless models available?
- Do they cheapen dress-style watches?
- Do they make sports watches too blingy?
- Are gold-plated/PVD watches sort of “fake”?
- Do any manufacturers still make 14K gold watches? If not, why?
- What’s the deal with white gold? Would you buy a white gold watch if it was available in SS?
- Would you buy a gold watch from someone other than PP, VC, ALS, PP, JLC, Breguet, Rolex, (maybe Omega) or some small micro luxury manufacture?