Gold wedding ring. SS watch.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Gold wedding ring. SS watch.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gold wedding ring. SS watch.

What say any of you? I have the Tag Link Automatic SS with gray face. I wear a plain old gold wedding band. I don't want a white gold band or platinum. A gold band for a man is just a tool to let other women of ill-repute to stay away. Not meant to look great.

Is this practice tacky. I eventually want a Sinn and probably a Rolex. None of which will have gold. Gold watches just look too dressy for me. I am into the silver or SS sporty look that can be made dressy.

Re: Gold wedding ring. SS watch.

Its not like the watch and ring are sitting next to each other. I think it looks tacky when I see women wearing different metals on the same hand. Besides, your ring is something of value (not monetary) and it shouldn't matter how much it clashes with what you wear. It goes with everything, regardless. Its a given.
    anaplian likes this.
    Sellers: Topher1556, JERSTERCA, GGD, Shaefro58, eeek, mvyadam, withthesword, fantasma, manitoujoe, jackhlin, flipe8, 94dakar, & davewg .... :thanks!!

Wear what you want. Who cares.
    -Jarrod

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TagOnly4Now View Post
    What say any of you? I have the Tag Link Automatic SS with gray face. I wear a plain old gold wedding band. I don't want a white gold band or platinum. A gold band for a man is just a tool to let other women of ill-repute to stay away. Not meant to look great.

Is this practice tacky. I eventually want a Sinn and probably a Rolex. None of which will have gold. Gold watches just look too dressy for me. I am into the silver or SS sporty look that can be made dressy.

I just tried to find a wrist shot with a s/s watch and my gold wedding ring but it seems in all my wrist shots I'm making a fist or cropped my fingers out to show the watch.

My wedding band is a thick gold band with a single diamond set in the middle. It has been on my finger for almost 16 years straight and I wouldn't dream of swapping it out to match a watch.
    I wear no gold watches.

And at least for me, my wedding band is about my wife's and my commitment and bond to each other rather than a keep away sign for others.
    Last edited by DoctorC; November 19th, 2009 at 07:33.
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai

Get a different wedding band. I wear a titanium and its matches pretty much everything. Eventually I will purchase another wedding band with carbon fiber inserts.

Like you said, a wedding band is to show others you are married. If thats the case, change your ring up depending on what you are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by TagOnly4Now View Post
    A gold band for a man is just a tool to let other women of ill-repute to stay away.
    This is funny. I am not married, but was, and it didn't matter to me at all. There are two-tone watches, so I don't see the big deal. Go or it!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorC View Post
    And at least for me, my wedding band is about my wife's and my commitment and bond to each other rather than a keep away sign for others.
    I agree - but would agree with OP its also a first line of defence

s
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

A gold wedding band isn't very conspicuous, especially if you're a tanner Caucasian, lighter-skinned African, Asian, Middle Eastern, or South American. And even if you're extremely pale of dark-skinned, the contrast won't be so great as to prevent you from wearing a stainless watch. I really would only concern myself with matching the ring and watch for a formal event, where jewelry is kept to a minimum.
    However, if a wedding ring is merely a first line of defense to you, and if this conundrum bothers you, than I might suggest a white gold or platinum band, even though you said you didn't want one.
    Collection
    The Keepers: Breitling Superocean Steelfish, Doxa Sub 300 Professional (50th anniversay reissue, #299/300), Omega Speedmaster Professional, Scurfa Diver One, Shinola Runwell 47mm, Tissot Quadrato Chrono

The Flipped: Too many to count...

i owned 2 wedding bands, one platinum, and one yellow gold so i would never have to mix metals, however two tone watches went either way. now i can't find the platinum one so i often go without a wedding band till i replace the platinum one.
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

I do the same thing all the time (wear yellow gold band with SS watches)...However, my wife is buying me a Tungsten Carbide wedding ring for when I'm working out, working in the yard, etc since Tungsten Carbide rings don't scratch at all (and yellow gold does easily).

A Tungsten carbide ring would go well with your watch also. Just a thought if you don't like platinum.

http://............/oew8u4

~Ross

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information