Gone and soon forgotten...

Thread: Gone and soon forgotten...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gone and soon forgotten...

So yesterday I sold my Oris small seconds diver. Unable to post a picture but it was the 1000 metre water resistant model with bracelet, blue dial and orange markers. Bought it just under two years ago. The least accurate watch in my modest collection; it would gain between 25 and 30 seconds a day. Even after it was sent back to Oris to be regulated, it still gained around 20 seconds per day. Only slightly more accurate than a sun dial. And the crown stem was so thin and flimsy looking too. When I was younger I owned three different Oris big crown watches. They were cheap and reliable and I don't recollect them being so inaccurate. Oris do so many things right: Good looking watches pitched at a reasonable price. But they fall down in the most important area; that of accuracy. So I sold it to a local Cash Converters and got more money than I expected for it. Yes, I took a hit but I'd have let it go for less than was offered for it. (Unable to insert paragraphs in any of my postings here... Sorry!)
    Last edited by hookey; November 3rd, 2013 at 11:47. Reason: Posted before I'd said my piece.

Re: Gone and soon forgotten...

This one?

Oris always misses the mark for me - my local AD carries them and I've tried them on a number of times. Well priced, but the bracelets are too shiny and fit funny. And this model above is odd - small seconds on a diver?

I've owned a few Oris' and never been impressed with their time keeping. I had an F1 that would gain 10 seconds a day on average no matter what was done.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love the watch above. Used to own one and regretted ever since that sold it.
    The reason I sold cuz at the moment, I came to have a thought...I want quality over quantity. So I've decided to keep watches with in-house only.

The only complain I have for that watch is the weak orange lume....oh, and screw crown feel cheap. But for the record, mine was accurate.

Name:  5497563443_4e29b93683_z.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  171.2 KB
    Last edited by wuyeah; November 3rd, 2013 at 17:09.

I have an Oris Divers Date with the blue dial. I bought it with the rubber strap which was very comfortable but I don't like the look so I ordered the original bracelet. I love it now. It's comfortable, somewhat dressy for a diver, accurate (+/- 3s per day), and the lume is awesome. It's probably my default watch when I just want to grab a watch to wear without thinking about it. I'd never sell it...each to their own I guess!

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    This one?

Very nice looker , the lugs preclude changing straps though

Yep, that's the one. It's a big lump of metal with a shoddy movement stuffed inside it. Don't particularly want to bad mouth Oris, but they don't seem to put much effort into regulating their movements.

My Artix GT is right at +4/day, sounds like I got lucky. I'm looking at getting a diver, black dial Aquis, but I will surely get the shiny parts brushed if I do.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My Oris gains less than 2 seconds/day. The crown is beefy and I love the bracelet! That's ok though, if everybody loved Oris I'd probably have to start hating them.

My Oris ProDiver Date is equipped with the SW200-1 movement and keeps time well within COSC standards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information