Good GYM Watch?

Thread: Good GYM Watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Good GYM Watch?

How about ideas for a gym watch. It doesn't have to be anything special. The bracelet has to be strong enough to resist all the wrsit movements. I also want a bracelet that will be strong on sweat. I don't want to take my Omegas to the gym.

Thanks

Re: Good GYM Watch?

I take off my Breitling and strap up my g-shock. It can take a beating and it has a timer which I constantly use while im there.

i bought my first G-Shock for a gym beater, got the first one i found in yellow on WUS, not knowing it was a rare model. since then i bought 5 more! The one that actually goes into the gym with me is this one...

you will not find a better watch for the gym (non-HRM) than a G. ever.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can't go wrong with a G-Shock.

Any site in general where I could get a good deal on this watch?

Thanks guys

V8

G-shock and the sales forum. No sense getting a new one for the gym. Although Amazon runs some sales every now and then where the prices are quite good.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

in all honesty, I've never understood the idea of wearing a watch at the gym...for me, it would get in the way of many movements and would accumulate swaet and dirt in a really annoying way. Not to mention bashing it about.

That said, I agree, a G-shock would be the way to go. I use the wall clock or my Ipod.
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Any site in general where I could get a good deal on this watch?

Thanks guys
    The classic DW5600 model will cost $50 new, posted, on the bay. You might want to pay a little more to get a model with "Tough Solar" - that way you'll have an indestructible beat which never needs new batteries. $100 would get a GWM5600 with solar power and an atomic clock signal receiver, so if you live in the 80% of the US that gets the signals you'd never have to set the thing again either - not even for DST.

Or the option, as stated, would be to get a second hand watch. I'd tend to go for solar - there's nothing more irritating than getting a used watch and then finding the cost of getting a battery fitted bumps it up close to the price of a new one, which can happen quite easily with a $50 watch.

To pace your self between sets and rest time. For example, in bodybuilding, if you are lifting to gain mass, you may want to rest 4-5 minutes between sets. If you don't get the full rest, you may fail at completing your set and it may ruin the rest of your workout.

I have always worked out at home. That's why it was never an issue. Now, I have to go to the gym. Resting the proper amount of time is essential in lifting.

potz

Never wear a watch in the gym. There's enough of them on the walls and machines.
    Only the girls there run around like their modeling jewellery and watches. The guys are all bare-wristed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast