Goodbye, Watchuseek
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Goodbye, Watchuseek

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Goodbye, Watchuseek

Hello, everyone.

Just wanted to share a note that I'm rather done with this silliness of flipping in and out of watches; not that anyone would care. In all earnest, I have been an enthusiast since I was a kid but this collecting bug is rather stupid if I may put it like that. Of course, I enjoy variety in many things though I've realized that I was always looking for a quality watch that I could enjoy and keep- perhaps give it to my kid if interested. Other than that, personally I see no objective sense in getting a watch, wearing it for some time, looking for other pieces, buying some, selling others, and repeating; it felt like I was pinned down onto particularities that had little to do with enjoying myself. Excuse me, but it felt like a circlejerk.

My intention was to find a good automatic that I can wear all the time. I like quartz to be honest, and though I recently tried a C. Ward diver--new to divers, never owned one--it didn't work; it was heavy like a hunk of metal on my wrist- that's uncomfortable. So I kept my Citizen eco drive which is 35mm-ish at 8mm thick and currently resides under a lamp in a room. It all came together for me when I found the Longines Flagship automatic L4.874.4.52.2: 38mm or so, 8mm thick, simple, elegant, understated yet works with anything, and the more scratches and dents I put on it, the more I like it. Oddly enough, I'm treating it like I would a beater, and I couldn't care less which feels good.

I want to thank this community of people because many here were so helpful in my search for a lifetime piece that interested me. That's it; I'm done. Longines can take care of the rest for this one.

I wish everyone great times and good health. God Bless.

Cheers, everyone.

Re: Goodbye, Watchuseek

Congratulations on finding a watch that you're so satisfied with... those Longines Flagship models look great. Enjoy it!
    DiverBob likes this.

Bye, Felicia.

Keep in mind most of us are “collectors”...meaning we collect multiple watches. We aren’t here to research THE one perfect watch and then that’s it. We enjoy the collecting, accumulation, selling, and occasionally stumbling upon a perfect piece...then repeating the process. It’s a hobby. Having one of something isn’t much of a hobby or collection. Sounds like you just aren’t into watch collecting. That’s fine. It’s not for everyone.
    Never try to install spring bars in a hurry. -lvt

"Affordable" just means you end up spending the same amount of money, but end up with a greater number of watches. -MandoBear

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Photo?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
    Ragl and jaybe52 like this.

At least you can put up a picture of the watch that ends it all for you, can’t you?
    IG: @wtma
    ---
    CASIO G-SHOCK GMW-B5000-1 PRO TREK PRT-4000T-7A PRT-4000T-7B
    SEIKO PROSPEX MARINEMASTER PROFESSIONAL SBBN007
    GLYCINE AIRMAN VINTAGE 1953 LE 3904.14/66AIRMAN DC-4 3904.19H24/66
    DAMASKO LARGE AVIATOR MANUFACTORY CALIBRE DK15

TUDOR HERITAGE BLACK BAY 36 M79500-0004
    OMEGA SPEEDMASTER PROFESSIONAL MOONWATCH 311.30.42.30.01.006

JAEGER-LECOULTRE GRANDE REVERSO ULTRA THIN DUOFACE Q3788570 (GRAIL)

Name:  IMG_0255.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  157.7 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by horophilos; 1 Week Ago at 04:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Minorcollector View Post
    Bye, Felicia.

Keep in mind most of us are “collectors”...meaning we collect multiple watches. We aren’t here to research THE one perfect watch and then that’s it. We enjoy the collecting, accumulation, selling, and occasionally stumbling upon a perfect piece...then repeating the process. It’s a hobby. Having one of something isn’t much of a hobby or collection. Sounds like you just aren’t into watch collecting. That’s fine. It’s not for everyone.
    I have always kept this in mind; just personally it seems nonsensical- nothing against collectors. And it definitely isn't for everyone, and I'm not raining down on anyone's parade (or so I hope). I only wanted to share my view and exit. Enjoy collecting!
    drhr and Maiden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosarito View Post
    Congratulations on finding a watch that you're so satisfied with... those Longines Flagship models look great. Enjoy it!
    Thank you :o)
    Rosarito likes this.

Lovely watch!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

See you soon . Enjoy the little break

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information