Got a BIG IWC itch!

Thread: Got a BIG IWC itch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a BIG IWC itch!

So the IWC Portuguese Chrono is my current grail and I casually call up the AD yesterday and he quotes an amazing price (and he is further willing to negotiate plus I won't pay sales tax). Now this is really tempting me! And the price he quoted is not helping.

Now this is a big purchase! Should I just bite the bullet and give in given the current unpredictable economic scenario or should I wait and probably not get this price again. (I don't know why every year watch price increases!)
    I will ofcourse sell some of my computer server that has just been lying around to offset the cost if I do go for it.

When you guys make a big purchase how do you offset/digest the hole in your account! Or you guys have amazingly deep pockets? haha
    What are your thoughts on this!

Re: Got a BIG IWC itch!

Only you know your own finances. If you have significant savings to cover a year of your expenses in the event that you lose your job, then go for it.

Prices will always go up, and once we get out of this slump, people will undoubtedly buy more watches, and therefore ADs will be less likely to cut great deals. If you can swing it now, it's a great time to buy.
    -Jarrod

I'd jump on it if you can swing it. It's more likely that you won't get the same deal later IMO.
    RickH86

Certina DS Podium Automatic
    Casio BM8180-03E
    Skagen Quartz 170 LTTM

Seiko Quartz

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Buy a used one and save more money.

Banned

Grab it while you can. If it's a really good deal, you can flip it without losing too much in the event you need some cash. Don't kick yourself next year when you wish you had it and can't get anywhere near the same price.

i agree with Vito, i wont buy new on a high end watch unless its super rare & theres a wait list. save yourself at least a few hundo, and find one used.

BTW, which watch is it, and whats the price? maybe we can let you know how "great" the deal is...

Thanks for all your responses!
    I wouldn't mind getting a used one - but they are really hard to find. And if I do come across one their price is not too far from the price I have been quoted!

Quote Originally Posted by polaco23 View Post
    i agree with Vito, i wont buy new on a high end watch unless its super rare & theres a wait list. save yourself at least a few hundo, and find one used.

BTW, which watch is it, and whats the price? maybe we can let you know how "great" the deal is...
    I sent you a PM.

Can you show us a pic of it?

Shah, I'd get the new one, esp. when there's a firesale of a deal. Why settle for used when you've been eyeing it for so long? Life is short.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information