Got a LIP Mach 2000 re-issue!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Got a LIP Mach 2000 re-issue!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got a LIP Mach 2000 re-issue!

Hey gang,

I just got hold of a LIP Mach 2000 'Dark Master' chronograph. An ETA 251.271 re-issue of the 1973 original. Designed by Frenchman Roger Tallon. Not a big watch at 42x40 mm -- it's actually smaller then the Valjoux 7734-powered original.

The Mach 2000 oozes quality. A surprisingly heavy watch for its size, due to the oddly shaped asymmetrical case. It actually wears quite small and comfortable. The main attraction here is the sharp looking dial and eye-popping colors.

The gumball pushers. They work just like regular pushers and crown. I have to admit: it makes sense. My big hands and fingers often have difficulty grabbing the teeny tiny crowns on some watches. This gives you a *very* secure grip.

I'm quite pleased with the fit and finish. Sure, it might lack some 'charm' due to the quartz movement... but it *is* a functional improvement. The quartz ETA has a far better accuracy, is more reliable, requires less maintenance over time, and has better chronograph features like re-zeroing the hands.

A wrist shot. The strap is quite nice with an interesting design. It features tang holes over the entire length of the strap. The bottom is vented for comfortable wear. The buckle is a lovely black PVD and sits quite flat against the strap. Perfect execution. It's signed too, with a lightning bolt. A tip of the hat to LIP's early battery-powered watches.

All in all, a great design classic. And very affordable too, as it retails for 350 euros on the web. Original examples from the 70's run well into four figures these days....
    mitadoc likes this.

Re: Got a LIP Mach 2000 re-issue!

Hey Bjorn

Big congrats on the Mach 2000 chrono

My father owns an original 7734 model (with the black pushers), great watch really

I bought a few months ago the LED reedition :

Same lightning sign

Enjoy yours
    Last edited by Reno; November 18th, 2009 at 00:17.
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Wow, you learn something new every day on WUS! I never heard of this brand or watch...very nice, not quite for me, but appreciated nonetheless!

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A real homage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Wow, you learn something new every day on WUS! I never heard of this brand or watch...very nice, not quite for me, but appreciated nonetheless!
    LIP official website
    http://www.lip.fr/

The new auto Mythic & big TV (around 400€)

Farrah Fawcett wearing a Mach 2000 chrono

Attached Images Attached Images

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

Congratulations Bjorn. That's a beautifully designed watch. I have a "dark" copy of the Mach 2000.

Caveat lector

Thanks for all the great replies guys. Particularly enjoyed the Farrah Fawcett pics And Reno: that's an *awesome* LED watch. It does look giant, compared to the teeny tiny digits...

Quote Originally Posted by NWP627 View Post
    Congratulations Bjorn. That's a beautifully designed watch. I have a "dark" copy of the Mach 2000.
    I don´t think I´ve ever seen that variant! Is that a re-issue or an original? I've seen new versions, but they all have a different dial print and most are the red gumball variety...

Quote Originally Posted by NWP627 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornkeizers View Post
    I don´t think I´ve ever seen that variant! Is that a re-issue or an original? I've seen new versions, but they all have a different dial print and most are the red gumball variety...
    http://www.lip.fr/fr/montres/mach2000/mach-adam.html

Square model :
    http://www.lip.fr/fr/montres/mach2000/mach-square.html

Pretty cool hey ?

MY COLLECTION :

Thanks Reno
    N
    Caveat lector

Thanks for the link. Are there any English translations available? Where can you purchase these?
    "Gentlemen, we should synchronize our watches."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information