Got this for that special someone ...

Thread: Got this for that special someone ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    v76

Got this for that special someone ...

I really hope she likes it ... she should have it by the end of next week if all goes well. It's a complete surprise, she doesn't have a clue.

Only decent pic of the model I could get was from the Orient RU site
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Re: Got this for that special someone ...

Lol. Cant help observe that every other day you are slapping yourself on the back about some big $ purchase....... and your significant other gets an Orient.

v76

I have to get her started ... she doesn't have much interest in watches. Once she does, then the nicer ones can be appreciated.

I started off with pretty cheap autos too, I remember my first purchase was a Swatch Irony automatic and then a Citizen 7 ... well, it was quartz before that. Hopefully no more purchases for me for a few months after my Stowa arrives ... I'm planning to give the JLC to my dad when I meet him next. Have to start thinking about trimming my collection as well ... hmm
    Last edited by v76; March 5th, 2010 at 04:10.
    Collection:

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Klostrophobic View Post
    Lol. Cant help observe that every other day you are slapping yourself on the back about some big $ purchase....... and your significant other gets an Orient.
    Ha. I agree. Come on, shell out for a Reverso.

v76

Well, I might get a bit of heat about this one ... so I'm starting simple and small
    Collection:

awesome man, hope she likes it. When I asked my fiancee if she wanted a watch she said, "why would I want a watch, I already have one that you got me a couple years ago." (Glad it wasnt a surprise. LOL)

v76

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaracer1 View Post
    awesome man, hope she likes it. When I asked my fiancee if she wanted a watch she said, "why would I want a watch, I already have one that you got me a couple years ago." (Glad it wasnt a surprise. LOL)
    Thanks dude. She usually doesn't wear a wristwatch so I'm hoping that she does for a while even though she might not be particularly thrilled about it. Well, I'm hoping she likes it in the first place ...
    Collection:

Quote Originally Posted by Klostrophobic View Post
    i understand v76. not sure how many women are into watches, it's usually a male thing. why shell out a boat load of cash for something she may not appreciate. ease her into the hobby, see if she is interested or is at least amenable to being interested then look into purchasing some higher end stuff. makes sense. ( speaking from a perspective of experience; my wife is not very inerested, but my daughter shows potential)
    Enjoying a life far better than I deserve...

v76

Precisely my sentiment, Devon. I feel that she should develop an interest, only then would it make sense for me to get really nice watches for her. I know my dad really appreciates fine timepieces and I learned a fair bit from him, now, he'd really appreciate a good watch ... hopefully he won't say no to the vintage JLC. I originally got it with him in mind.
    Collection:

Quote Originally Posted by novedl View Post
    i understand v76. not sure how many women are into watches, it's usually a male thing. why shell out a boat load of cash for something she may not appreciate. ease her into the hobby, see if she is interested or is at least amenable to being interested then look into purchasing some higher end stuff. makes sense. ( speaking from a perspective of experience; my wife is not very inerested, but my daughter shows potential)
    I made this mistake; shelling out $800 bucks to move my wife up from her collection of Citizen eco-drives...BIG mistake...she wore it with a frown, we returned it and she was immediately smitten with an Invicta that had 6 different colored straps with it!...she said she could use that to match her outfits...well it was $70 bucks and she is happy as a clam... unfortunately I get to change starps for her every morning...long nails.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information