Got Wood?

Thread: Got Wood?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got Wood?

I sure do, Major Wood.

I cannot thank Mark enough for this puppy.... As I told him, it is officially the nicest piece of furniture in the house!

If anyone has been hesitating about purchasing one of these fine boxes you will not be disappointed. The construction is solid and the box weighs a ton. The finish is gorgeous and buttery smooth. Hinges are high quality, the pillows are made of beautful leather, the partitions easily remove and are solid wood. No fillers here! Mark matched the grains all over the place and the Cocobolo he selected is very nice indeed. I've always loved the warmth and beauty of wood and I could not be happier with this piece.

Last edited by Peter Atwood; March 28th, 2007 at 00:36. Reason: typos
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Re: Got Wood?

Thanks Peter. Nice collection my friend. That box should last you a lifetime as it is built like tank.
    2DARK Hardwood Watch Boxes are the real deal

Couldn't be happier with mine!

I'll have to take a better shot so you can see how nice it really is!

Only have two of these watches now, but the box is a serious keeper!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think you summed it up best Peter , with that staement of it is a piece of furniture, That is the way I see my MP boxes they are exceptional, by an exceptional craftsman.

There's one with drawers? How many does that sucker hold, 12? Wow, maybe someday....
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Jotoba for me, I love it. The finish is remarkable, waxed with incredible depth.

I must take some better pictures.
    Andy

Isn't that Bocote? It's gorgeous whatever it is! :)

Those are beautiful! Simple and well crafted!

These are wonderful solid boxes that are handmade by Mark himself and are very reasonable money indeed. They also accomodate decent sized watches (in the pics anyone who knows how wide a Ploprof is and how tall a SM120C is will be pleased with whats been created here - any other box on the market Ive found is not made for oversized watches ) and even the smaller box would easily fit most decent sized watches, but is perfectly to scale etc. I guess thats the beauty when you make something from scratch, you can have it as big / deep / wide as you need... I'll let the pics do the talking, suffice to say im well chuffed with these boxes and am wondering if I need another one... hmmm....

I get asked a lot so, Yep... Im the guy that wrote the PloProf book and also writes for the DeskDivers and PloProf websites. Feel free to visit my website Jon Wallis dot com if you would like to know more about either.

You could fit one of those Glycine dinner plate models in this thing I swear!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information