Graham Vs. Chopard

Thread: Graham Vs. Chopard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Graham Vs. Chopard

Hello im new to this forum! im about to buy a graham Swordfish Swordfish Big 12-6 .... but that is if i sell my Chopard mille miglia GMT... if i sell my chopard, you guys think graham is a great watch?

this is the graham 46mm
    Name:  thumb.php.jpg
Views: 1300
Size:  12.5 KB

this is my chopard 42mm
Views: 1098
Size:  14.6 KB

Re: Graham Vs. Chopard

Hi and welcome to the forum. I personally think your Chopard MM is the better watch but it's your decision - you've gotta go with what you like.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bubito9512 View Post
    Hello im new to this forum! im about to buy a graham Swordfish Swordfish Big 12-6 .... but that is if i sell my Chopard mille miglia GMT... if i sell my chopard, you guys think graham is a great watch?

this is the graham 46mm
Views: 1300
Size:  12.5 KB

this is my chopard 42mm
Views: 1098
Size:  14.6 KB
    Attention all n00bs! This is how you do it!

Welcome bubito, that's a good first post. You added pictures, and didn't ask for a comparison of TAG, Rolex, or Omega to any other brand. 2 interweb points for you.

Aesthetically, I prefer the Chopard. It's closer to my comfort zone in size, I really like panda dials (white with black subdials), and the bezel & strap go with it well. While there isn't much that's awe-inspiring about a Valjoux 7750, it is a proven caliber. I'm not much for the Swordfish - never liked the goggles - but it is a nice watch quality wise. I think there are a couple threads about Graham in this forum and the High End Forum. Try searching either "Swordfish" or "Graham" in both places to see what has been previously said.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bubito9512, I would not let go of the Chopard. IMHO, the Chopard is a watch that you will not look at 6 months later and say, "Why did I buy this?" which is what I think of all Graham watches. But it is your wrist and eyes ...
    Current Collection: Junghans Max Bill Limited edition, LIP Roger Tallon, MIH watch, Ikepod Manatee, Tudor Grantour Chronograph, Ventura v-matic Master II, Nomos Tangente Sport Datum, TX Perpetual Calendar 310, Tutima FX UTC, Lacher Admiral Diver.

thanks guys! well i was just looking to see if i could sell my chopard.. i like watches a lot and i was thinking of changing the look a bit.. but im having second thoughts! i like my Chopard very much been with it 2 years and its in mint conditions lol and i purchased the steel band for it that it was $1,450... so yeah thinking of sticking with the Chopard for now! :P

Grahams look good, but from what I've seen and read, they don't have the chops to back it up. Dive watch style and 30m water resistance, fashionably oversized cases (and I wear 44mm most of the time, so I'm not a small watch guy); they appear to be British versions of U Boats. Fashionable, sure. But better than your Chopard? I don't think so.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

I call those Grahams, the Bug-Eyed-Sprite. Keep the Chopard.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post

...if the Bugeye were the size of a Hummer.

I think Grahams are ridiculous looking and are basically fashion watches. They will be out of style in a few years, if not less. That Chopard is much, much nicer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information