Grail definition?? - Page 3
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Grail definition??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Grail definition??

Wow, talk about rising from the depths. This is an old thread and my ideas have changed a bit since, but I have obtained one that fits my definition. I finally got a navitimer (Limited edition WITH manufactue movement) and I don't see anything I could afford that could replace it any time soon.

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

Re: Grail definition??

There was a thread over on TRF about this a few weeks ago, and the original poster was positing that there are grails and then there are GRAILS.
    A grail is a watch that you really want that would take a considerable amount of time to acquire, either because of the duration of savings involved or the rarity of the watch.

A GRAIL is the one that would require an enormous change in finances (like winning the lottery) or unbelievable luck in the used/vintage market to obtain.
    MH434 likes this.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information