The Great Dillemma of Our Time, choosing which watch to wear...What do you do?
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Great Dillemma of Our Time, choosing which watch to wear...What do you do?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have a modest collection of watches, 5 in all. Every morning I find myself taking off and putting on watches trying to decide which to wear for the day.
    Black or Blue bezel, field watch or diver...for work, for play, working around the house, etc... Will the watches I don't pick become resentful due to lack of wrist time, am I playing favorites? Do I have OCD? Am I going mad?

A first world problem for sure, but I'm curious, how do you folks go about selecting a watch or two for the day?

Name:  Confused.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  18.4 KB

Re: The Great Dillemma of Our Time, choosing which watch to wear...What do you do?

Whatever floats my boat. If I didn't like them I wouldn't have bought them so whatever I pick is a watch that I like. I do ,however, choose by situation. I'm not wearing dress watch for yardwork.
    MikeCrunch likes this.

Iím not sure if this will make sense, but I just donít overthink it.
    I usually start the day reviewing what is happening during my waking hours. Then, of the 5 (coincidence, huh?) watches I usually wear in rotation, one just pops into my head and I go with it. Occasionally, one of the watches I donít usually wear in rotation pops into my head, and Iíll go with it.
    Today for example, I am staying home and getting things in order (chores). Later weíre having a family dinner at my in-laws home to celebrate St. Patrickís Day with corned beef and all the trimmings. So Iím looking at wearing more of a tool watch. Since I just got my new Damasko last week (with a green seconds hand no less), Iíll be wearing that today. Yesterday we were shopping and I had an opportunity to visit a Zenith dealer, so I wore my Zenith to ask about buying a replacement band for it.
    Tomorrow is too far away yet...
    rfortson, 41Mets and U5512 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: The Great Dillemma of Our Time, choosing which watch to wear...What do you do?

Free idea: watch selection app.

Put in your collection, set conditions (like watches you won't wear on a weekend, weekday, winter, summer, on holidays, something you want to wear often/infrequently, watches with straps would be skipped on wet or muggy days, etc.) to qualify a watch, and set a timer for when you get an alert telling you what watch to wear that day. If you wake up at 6AM on a weekday, you'd have a notification pop up telling you what watch to wear. You could even have the next days watch pre-selected so you could wind and set it the night before (for people like he who rush out of the house in the morning).
    41Mets likes this.
    Rolex Explorer I :: Dornblueth & Sohn Calibre 99.1 :: Grand Seiko SBGA211 'Snowflake' :: Omega Speedmaster Professional :: Seiko SPB077 :: Archimede Pilot

Easy, there's only one watch I own for every day wear, A Seiko Black Tuna on an Erika's MN band. Being retired also helps since there's no formal affairs, but, I would wear this anyway.....

Name:  IMG_5711_Fotor.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  173.2 KB
    Lee Rappeport

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________________

PREVIOUSLY OWNED

Glycine Vacuum, Glycine Observer (2), Glycine Power reserve DLC, Rolex sub no date(1967), Rolex sub Chronometer movement, Bulova Accutron RR edition,
    Seiko Orange monster, IWC 38mm Pilot, Chronoswiss Kairos SS, Steinhart O1V, Oris BC3, Oris triple complication, Tissot Sea Star, MK II Seafighter, Seiko SNKF11, Steinhart Ocean 44, Steinhart Ocean Black GMT, Seiko SRP 777 TURTLE, Seiko SUN045 50th Anniversary Kinetic.

CURRENTLY OWN

Hamilton Barton (circa 1951), Seiko SBBN035 TUNA, and a $5.00 quartz watch.....

Easy, I just wear what the all knowing rota decrees.

I use the old fashion method to decide what to wear....

Name:  swami-gazing-into-a-crystal-ball.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  158.4 KB
    Actium, Synequano and obomomomo like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I also have a 5 watch rotation. I typically wear all 5 before repeating.

As for which of the 5 I choose on any given day, I'm a fairly simple creature. Brown belt = brown strap, blue strap, or bracelet. Black belt = black strap, blue strap, or bracelet.

However, if I break "the rules" I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I too tend to project feelings on inanimate objects, and don't want any of my watches to feel left out. They all have a place at the table, or to be more precise, on my wrist.
    41Mets likes this.
    HAVE WANT GRAIL
    -Citizen Skyhawk A-T -Panerai Submersible 959 -Breguet 7147 (Enamel/Rose Gold)
    -Orient Sun & Moon v3 ​-Rado Original Automatic
    -Red Star One Hander -Reservoir Supercharged Classic
    -Casio G-Shock DW-6900-1V
    -Archimede Pilot Type B (Bronze)
    -Seagull M172S (Resurrected)

I have three, diver/beater to work, daily on the weekends, dress if I'm going out. Simples.

Easy, I just wear whatever mood strikes me or the occasion, such as steel bracelet or leather; casual or formal; indices; numbers or indices and numbers; automatic or quartz; and, blue dial, black dial or silver dial.

I guess the key is to be versatile, not regimental, with what you are going to wear for that day and/or evening.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information