Great photos of the Sistem51 from Australian launch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By calibre 11

Thread: Great photos of the Sistem51 from Australian launch

Great photos of the Sistem51 from Australian launch

Hi, apologies for intruding on your board- I'm normally over at the TAG Heuer forum

Thought that you might like to see some photos from the Australian launch of the Sistem 51 here:

LIVE PICS AND PRICING: Australian launch of the brand new, all mechanical Sistem51 from Swatch (Sistem Blue) - Time and Tide Watches

dc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Stephen2020 and Jeff_C like this.
    Calibre 11 | The Home of TAG Heuer and Heuer Collectors

http://www.calibre11.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/calibre11

Re: Great photos of the Sistem51 from Australian launch

No apology necessary David! Anyone who loves TAG's innovative approach to watches must love Swatch Watch
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Too true Eeeb. You never know..some boards don't like folks who aint from 'round these parts.

Glad this isn't one of them!

dc

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

By the way, for anyone who would like to win a Sistem51 RED, Time + Tide are giving one away:

Win a Swatch Sistem51 RED | The Australian Watch Authority

dc

In case anyone is wondering about the movement... Review: A trip inside the Swatch Sistem51 / ETA C10111 | Watch Guy

Still very scarce in the UK but starting to filter through.

Will have to get me one when they reach my backwater :))

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  2.19 MB
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by arislan View Post
    In case anyone is wondering about the movement... Review: A trip inside the Swatch Sistem51 / ETA C10111 | Watch Guy
    yeah, 'cos there was a completely unbiased article, with no axes to grind.

I lost track of how many times the word plastic was used as if it were a swear word.

I think a lot of nose-in-the-air types have lost sight of some basic facts. Selling watches is a business. Watches are a luxury item these days, as nobody nneds a watch when all its basic functions can be acomplshed by other devices that folk are likely to need to have, like a mobile phone.

Personally I appluad the first Swatch revolution and its 2.5 million units sales that arguably saed an industry from going under. I hope that the Sistem 51 WILL appeal to the young hipsters mentioned in the article, as they are the ones who will be the watch industry's future if they are to have one

For a different spin on the process, here's a recently posted exclusive look at how this alleged "P.O.S" gets made

EXCLUSIVE: An inside view of the ETA high-tech Swatch Sistem51 production in Boncourt in the Swiss Jura

I'm sorry I missed the launch. I have two Sistem 51's now in my collection, and they both keep better time than the claimed +/-7 seconds a day, and are closer to some of my COSC certified pieces.

At the end of the day it must be remembered it is a Swiss made piece of disposable fashion, that will hopefully engender a new generation of watch appreciaters
    Time is an Illusion - Lunctime doubly so

Quote Originally Posted by RegF View Post
    yeah, 'cos there was a completely unbiased article, with no axes to grind.

I lost track of how many times the word plastic was used as if it were a swear word.

I think a lot of nose-in-the-air types have lost sight of some basic facts. Selling watches is a business. Watches are a luxury item these days, as nobody nneds a watch when all its basic functions can be acomplshed by other devices that folk are likely to need to have, like a mobile phone.

Personally I appluad the first Swatch revolution and its 2.5 million units sales that arguably saed an industry from going under. I hope that the Sistem 51 WILL appeal to the young hipsters mentioned in the article, as they are the ones who will be the watch industry's future if they are to have one

For a different spin on the process, here's a recently posted exclusive look at how this alleged "P.O.S" gets made

EXCLUSIVE: An inside view of the ETA high-tech Swatch Sistem51 production in Boncourt in the Swiss Jura

I'm sorry I missed the launch. I have two Sistem 51's now in my collection, and they both keep better time than the claimed +/-7 seconds a day, and are closer to some of my COSC certified pieces.

At the end of the day it must be remembered it is a Swiss made piece of disposable fashion, that will hopefully engender a new generation of watch appreciaters
    Yes, there's definitely bias in it given its from a someone who appreciates mechanical movement. The same person in me cringe as well as I read through it. Although the biggest question I have is how the heck do you service it given how it is sealed up? It is mechanical after all and would need servicing if one wants longevity...

That said though I agree with you, I am a swatch fan, I buy it for the fashion statement. I buy a lot of them for my wife as well. Most of them wear out pretty quickly and I just buy a new one that catches my eye.

Thread Information