greatest danger + most expensive watch

Thread: greatest danger + most expensive watch

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

greatest danger + most expensive watch

I did something the other day that I survived to tell about.
    I can still feel my hair standing on end just thinking about it.
    Unintentionally, I put not one, but two watches in great danger. How?

I found a leak (more like a fine spray) behind the toilet - the nut that regulates the pressure of the water going into the tank had cracked and was about to blow. Or so I assumed!
    It probably would have held for another day or two, or even a week, but I panicked, and ran to get my tool box and set to work.
    It was on a Sunday, and uh... I like to wear 2 watches when at home. But let's not go there.

Anyhoo, I realized only AFTER I had finished the job, just how close I came to bashing my watches. Lots of watch-unfriendly metal (wrenches, etc), water, and tight space - mine is particularly tight, it being so closely placed next to the sink.
    In fact, while I was working, I did bang my watches! Not once but TWICE: once on one of the pipes, and once on the bowl. And yet, I did not stop to take my watches off. Why? I wonder. Some kinda death wish???..

What did I have on?: Debaufre Cesar on the left, and O&W Mirage III on the right.
    Had I swung or slipped a wrench "just right", I coulda lost nearly $1,500 worth of fine tick tock in a swoop.

So... the 2-part question is:
    1. What was - for whatever the reason, intentional or not - the most reckless, stupid, or just dangerous thing you've ever done TO your watch, while wearing one (or two) ?
    2. And what was the most EXPENSIVE watch(es) you did it to?

lvt

Re: greatest danger + most expensive watch

You should wear a G-shock instead ;)
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

I wear my TAG Formula 1 over here in the desert every day, it's holding up like a champ despite being banged on radio mounts or other nasty metal thing daily.
    ★OperationNewDawn★

Rolex, Omega, TAG Heuer, Hamilton, Seiko, Ocean7

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I put a little scratch on my G-Shock recently while installing a new dishwasher and it made me a little mad. I'm sure you would have freaked if you'd damaged one of those you were wearing!

Quote Originally Posted by dougcee View Post
    I put a little scratch on my G-Shock recently while installing a new dishwasher and it made me a little mad. I'm sure you would have freaked if you'd damaged one of those you were wearing!
    dont get mad, thats what g-shocks are for

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    You should wear a G-shock instead ;)

I don't have one but maybe I should get one! :D
    I got plenty of beaters, I just wasn't wearing one at the time...
    It was sorta like just like wearing some really nice boots and leather jacket, being cool and smug, and all of a sudden finding oneself in a situation that requires swimming. Waddayagonnadoo.
    DOH! :D

I scratched the clasp of my T-touch while I was carrying an aquarium. I somehow knew I should have taken it off, but I didn`t . The clasp is pvd coated in black (as well as the entire watch). I guess I unwillingly turned it into a beater .

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

I TRY to wear my G-shock whenever I am doing something remotely dangerous.

I have 3 beaters so it isn't too bad, (g-shock, Orient Sub lookalike, Chinese MM lookalike) these 3 covers MOST of the beater look that I would like to have. 1 for Garden general work, and Sub lookalike for beaches and Chinese MM when I need a large face watch.
    Chronic flipper...

Banned

I assembled a room sized display at work with the VC on. The cash drawer slammed shut on it the same week. I survived as did the watch. Really, it did.

I was wearing an Omega Seamaster when setting up a soccer field for my son's soccer team to play on. While tightening a goal net my hand slipped and the dial side of my watch slammed into the goal post. I figured the watch was history but a good watchmaker fixed it up and I'm still wearing it 25 years later. Lesson learned by experience!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information