Grey Market Watches
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Grey Market Watches

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Grey Market Watches

Soooooo im planning to get a grey market watch off Jomashop and I have 2 questions.
    1.If there is no manufacture warranty can I still take it there for repairs? if not what do i do after the 2 year warranty off Jomashop expires?

2.I read Jomashop is a legit seller but read some of his feed backs and some claim he sold them fake watches could this be true? or just a jealous competitor?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Grey Market Watches

You will not be able to take it to the manufacturer for repairs but depending on the brand grey market sellers sometimes offer BETTER warranties than the manufacturer.

Jomashop does not sell fake merchandise, I don't believe it's jealous competitors leaving fake reviews, It's most likely misinformed customers getting a defective watch getting pissed off and ranting and making up the worst review possible.

I only buy grey market because I would never pay the OUTRAGEOUS prices that you pay for any watch at an AD.

THAT said - I am not buying high-end pieces - and I consider the warranty to be out the window. BUT If I was buying a watch over, say $500, than I would want a warranty and would then go to an AD.

As for Jomashop - I have had a bad experience, and a good experience, but I would have no reason to think that they would sell fake watches.

In fact, when I read reviews about "fake watches" on Amazon or wherever, I always consider it nonsense from angry customers or people who don't know what they are talking about. Especially when it is a $50 watch, or the company has had thousands and thousands of transactions over many years. Are they really gonna slip in a fake Seiko to ruin their profitable, long standing business? Very unlikely.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes." Wilde

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Jomashop is a fine store, I wouldn't worry about them.

After Jomashop's warranty expires, you can always take your watch to an authorized service center and pay to have any work done. There are also good watch service people in many places that will be able to service your watch. You just have to find the good ones.
    LeeroyDaBoy likes this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Quote Originally Posted by Gary123 View Post
    Jomashop is a fine store, I wouldn't worry about them.

After Jomashop's warranty expires, you can always take your watch to an authorized service center and pay to have any work done. There are also good watch service people in many places that will be able to service your watch. You just have to find the good ones.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 521 View Post
    You will not be able to take it to the manufacturer for repairs but depending on the brand grey market sellers sometimes offer BETTER warranties than manufacturer
    This is actually the only thing I would worry about. While gray dealers do have their own warranty, they do not have access to OEM parts thus possibly getting rejected by the actual manufacturer to work on if you send the watch in at a later time.

Just bought an AP Diver SS and saved almost 5grand. If anything goes wrong I can almost replace the entire movement for what I saved. Who needs a warranty? Not like im keeping it 10yrs or more anyways

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by bunkk View Post
    Soooooo im planning to get a grey market watch off Jomashop and I have 2 questions.
    1.If there is no manufacture warranty can I still take it there for repairs? if not what do i do after the 2 year warranty off Jomashop expires?

2.I read Jomashop is a legit seller but read some of his feed backs and some claim he sold them fake watches could this be true? or just a jealous competitor?

Thanks in advance!
    1) In some cases the Jomashop warranty is even better than the manufacturer's warranty, because it's two years versus one year for many. After the Jomashop warranty expires you can send it to a manufacturer's service center for repair. You will simply pay the cost of repairing it exactly as you would if it was purchased from and AD and the warranty was expired. The only difference is that, up until the warranty expires, you will send the watch to Jomashop for warranty service rather than the manufacturer's service center. After the warranty expires, you can have whoever you want service it (manufacturer's service center or local watchmaker).

Jomashop will not provide you with a manufacturer's warranty card. They will instead provide their own warranty information so there's no confusion (you wouldn't be able to use the manufacturer's warranty card, anyway).

2) Totally untrue; spoken by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by 521 View Post
    You will not be able to take it to the manufacturer for repairs...
    This is correct only if you're trying to get a grey market market watch serviced under warranty by the manufacture (which they won't do). You can send a grey market watch to the manufacturer for service at any time (they won't turn you down); you simply pay them for the service the same way you would if you took it to any other place for repairs.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; June 25th, 2013 at 18:49.

"One year", is that outer GM's or manufactures?

I live on the other side of the pond so to speak and have heard only good things about Jomashop. That's the downside of the internet - some idiot with an axe to grind can start the warning signals flashing but hopefully there have been enough posters on this thread saying positive things about Jomashop to put any fears you may have to rest.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information