Grey market websites? why not buy?
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Grey market websites? why not buy?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Grey market websites? why not buy?

Ok so aside from not getting a manufacturer's warranty on the watch, what are the other downsides? If it's one of the more reputable sites (if there is such a thing) are the watches at least 100 percent authentic? Basically I'm trying to talk myself out of pulling the trigger on a new watch thats 33 percent off of retail. It's a breitling navi. Has anyone heard of or had any bad experiences on any of these sites like jomashop? Serial numbers not where they are supposed to be, fakes, horrible time keeping and such? Only bad reviews I can find on the site are bad customer service experiences and long waits for servicing but I can deal with that to save 2500 bucks. Thoughts? Advice?
    rdigate likes this.

Re: Grey market websites? why not buy?

I bought a few grey market Rados from Ashford. Definitely not fake, lots and lots cheaper than in the rado shops here in hong kong.
    Ashford offers the guarantee if it breaks.
    Perfect for me.
    Time In likes this.

Non-manufacturers warranty is the main thing as far as I'm concerned. As long as you know that and you do your homework regarding customer service, stock/shipping availability/times then you're good to go.
    rfortson and Time In like this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Warranty doesn't mean crap to me as I have good local watchmakers so I always prefer the grey market.
    Squirrelly and rob_honer like this.

I do it in some instances but I feel guilty sometimes because a friend is an AD for a brand I like. I try to buy from him first.

When I ask them they say they buy from an authorized dealer in bulk (probably in europe) and that's why they can sell them at such a discount. They also say that 'dealer' keeps the warranty cards on file and that all repairs are sent in to the manufacturer just like you would if you sent in yourself but you use two middlemen instead hmm.
    JaySayKay likes this.

I understand you my friend. I'm thinking of buying a PP or a JLC, but I'm really unsure weather to trust Gray market dealer. But those discounts are really attractive. If I save 20-30% on a watch that's worth 30-40k it means having money for another beautiful watch. Tempting
    BurtReynolds likes this.

Authorised dealers supply grey market dealers. They are only going to supply them with the stuff they can't sell, whether it's due to lack of demand or bad examples, let's say a member of staff dropped the watch, or something was not right, they may move that watch grey market.

I bought a Tudor from the UK's most trusted grey dealer. It arrived with some straps missing and a dent on the lug. Luckily I filmed myself unboxing it so they could not claim I did it. Got my money back and bought from an AD. Only ended up costing me a few hundred more.

Quote Originally Posted by benjib View Post
    Authorised dealers supply grey market dealers. They are only going to supply them with the stuff they can't sell, whether it's due to lack of demand or bad examples, let's say a member of staff dropped the watch, or something was not right, they may move that watch grey market.

I bought a Tudor from the UK's most trusted grey dealer. It arrived with some straps missing and a dent on the lug. Luckily I filmed myself unboxing it so they could not claim I did it. Got my money back and bought from an AD. Only ended up costing me a few hundred more.
    Hello, could you tell me which dealer is that UK's most trusted dealer? since i'm thinking about my next buy and it may be from grey market, I have a couple of sites but i think one of them is based in Germany, I just want to know who did you buy from to avoid.
    thanks

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information