Which grey markets are the best?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which grey markets are the best?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Which grey markets are the best?

?

Re: Which grey markets are the best?

A few things. By and large this is a pretty helpful and courteous site with very little if any snobbery. A few things that are pet peeves for most WUS members. First, not using the search function. This particular topic has been discussed multiple times, and as it happens, just recently.

Second, not giving enough info to help, giving conflicting info, or asking a question that borders on psychic or unreasonable...ie what $2500 watch will appreciate or not drop in value. All in all, there are likely few to no $2500 watches, new or used, that are likely to appreciate, and out of 100 educated guesses that we give you, maybe 1 will be correct.

Third, just asking a question in the thread topic and posting a question mark in the body makes me less than interested in responding. How many grey market dealers have you researched? How many have you heard of? Which ones are you looking at? What are you looking for? The more info, the more help we can give...and the more willing we will be to help. For example, if you are looking for a particular brand, say Hamilton, I'd tell you that there are a few ADs that will match the grey market price, and you'd get the benefit of the manufacter warrenty.

I am more likely to engage a member who engages the forum. Trying to be helpful to you, and I am not trying to "flame" you.

Alan Furman is likely the most respected grey market dealer...and they are well known for the condition of their used watches as well.
    Last edited by Roller.959; February 2nd, 2012 at 04:46.
    Eric L., portauto, Aleric and 2 others like this.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

the ones that you can fully trust

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are grey market dealers, but no established marketplaces where grey market dealers hold forth that I'm aware of. Grey market dealers offer heavily discounted prices but those apparent good deals come at a cost.

What are you looking for in a watch purchase and what are you willing to forgo?
    Grey market dealers delivers unwarranted watches that are usually closeouts, may be new and may be customer returns with undisclosed problems. Grey market dealers
    also provide no after sales service, assistance in leaning how to operate the watch, sizing, etc. The watches are usually not returnable.
    Last edited by John MS; February 2nd, 2012 at 15:23.

I've bought twice from jomashop.com without any issue. Don't know if it's best but they have pretty competitive prices.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    There are grey market dealers, but no established marketplaces where grey market dealers hold forth that I'm aware of. Grey market dealers offer heavily discounted prices but those apparent good deals come at a cost.

What are you looking for in a watch purchase and what are you willing to forgo?
    Grey market dealers delivers unwarranted watches that are usually closeouts, may be new and may be customer returns with undisclosed problems. Grey market dealers
    also provide no after sales service, assistance in leaning how to operate the watch, sizing, etc. The watches are usually not returnable.
    MS,

Not entirely true. Alan Furman has watchsmiths and watchmakers on site and honor the manufacturer's warranty. Jomashop, Ashford, Amazon, COSTCO, also provides a two year warranty match and likely outsources the repair work. All of the above mentioned also offer a return policy. In fact, the return policy I have found is better with a grey market dealer versus an AD, specifically if an AD has to special order a watch they may not have in stock. Most grey market dealers are selling new watches, albiet some are discontinued. You do lose the sizing help, but that would be the case if you ordered by mail from an AD or grey market dealer alike.

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Name:  SEARCHButton.jpg
Views: 7429
Size:  19.1 KB
    Nokie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsherman View Post
    ?
    The ones with the lowest prices.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

What do you mean by best? Cheapest? Best reputation? Those aren't necessarily connected.

Quote Originally Posted by devilmoon View Post
    What do you mean by best? Cheapest? Best reputation? Those aren't necessarily connected.
    I would like someone with great prices and you know inside that what you're getting is genuine and won't break or need someone to fix it shortly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information