GreyNato podcast what happened.
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: GreyNato podcast what happened.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GreyNato podcast what happened.

Just listened to it. I've been a weekly listener since it started but I've grown less fond of it. This week episode was about bremont... Whoops I mean homages. The main topic was homages but they spent more time discussing bremont since they "sponsored" the show. They then spent a few minutes nonsensicaly taking about why they like milatry homages but not sub homages. Usually they seem prepared and rehearsed, thus homages but didn't make much sense. Hope they return to their old style of show. It's impossible to feel you get any objective opinions out of them, I might learn of some new things but no longer do I expect objective analysis.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    WastedYears likes this.

Re: GreyNato podcast what happened.

I think it’s impossible to make a podcast about homages without somebody getting pissed off...

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    Cheers, M

"Both feet on the floor, two hands on the wheel, may the wind take your troubles away."

- Son Volt -

I'm not a fan of the way they have introduced ad breaks into the show. Short, scripted breaks throughout the hour would be my preference over the lengthy full on discussion about Bremont (or whatever) added smack in the middle.

The homage discussion was interesting and I hope they follow up with folks from some of the brands mentioned as they indicated they might do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by infinitejester View Post
    I'm not a fan of the way they have introduced ad breaks into the show. Short, scripted breaks throughout the hour would be my preference over the lengthy full on discussion about Bremont (or whatever) added smack in the middle.

The homage discussion was interesting and I hope they follow up with folks from some of the brands mentioned as they indicated they might do.
    A follow up would indeed be good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I generally like Hodinkee podcasts, but Grey NATO never caught on for me. If I am honest, the podcast is a bit sleep inducing.
    monsters likes this.
    Breguet Type XX, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Omega Speedmaster Professional, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130G World Time, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph 49150, Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

It's a Hodinkee podcast now.

I've been listening since it started and much preferred the earlier more freewheeling style, which was also more about watches and less about gear. Both James and Jason are both highly knowledgeable, but these days they just sound tired and kind of bored.
    monsters likes this.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Easy solution, just avoid watch podcasts,

That podcast is so devoid of energy and personality, it nearly put me to sleep the first time I listened. So incredibly, torturously dull and monotone. I guess that's why it's called the gray nato.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoryD View Post
    I've been listening since it started and much preferred the earlier more freewheeling style, which was also more about watches and less about gear. Both James and Jason are both highly knowledgeable, but these days they just sound tired and kind of bored.
    Agreed.

I listened to GN since their 10th episode or so, have been following since; the show used to be much more interesting. Lately it has devolved into rather boring talks of "I travelled here and drove these cars or prepared this article", and somehow they don't seem to cover anything interesting in terms of watches either.

Idk if it's due to the hodinkee ownership or something else, but the gray nato ain't what it used to be.
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Casio Oceanus T200

I don't really mind the new style - sure I liked the older episodes better, but it's a different perspective then the traditional hodinkee podcast. I wish the ad breaks were a little shorter and perhaps at the beginning of the episode. I also wish they would throw in some interviews to add some more substance. All in all, I still enjoy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information