Re: Gs quartz gmt vs oris aquis

[QUOTE]I’d trade in a second. The GS is in another league/QUOTE]

This.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

If I had just bought the Oris I would keep it and enjoy a fine looking diver. The Seiko GS GMT is a completely different watch. If it was really calling my name I would do more research and buy it as well. I can see both watches enhancing a collection.

Going back to the original post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexweightlifting View Post
    Or keep the oris and add another piece around the 1500 mark (nomos club or something similar) and have the 2 watches instead of just the quartz gs?
    I think this is a very useful idea. You'd have to get used to wearing a small, light watch again, but once you do, a Nomos is a nice modern iteration of 1950s-60s daily-wear watches.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not sure what else you own, but based on you attire in the picture I think you could use a GADA sport watch and/or something that skews a little dressier. If funds are limited then keeping the Oris and adding something like a Nomos (dressier) or a used three-hand GQ quartz model (GADA)would give you a couple of watches with a fair amount of range.

If you investigate this option be sure to checkout Citizen’s The Citizen line of watches.
    Seiko Spring Drive was my wedding watch, Rolex Datejust was my anniversary watch, but I call Oris home.

If anyone has a SBGN001 that they feel like the general public is dissing. I know someone looking for one. Just saying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    “If we could be satisfied with anything, we should have been satisfied long ago.”
    ― Seneca

If that's what you have in mind, then I think you should go ahead and flip the Oris. I am also a huge fan of that GS.

Quote Originally Posted by matt74 View Post
    Attachment 14532511Attachment 14532513

I’m really impressed with mine. A GMT complication is perfect for a HAQ. I also have a Speedmaster and an ETA Tudor Black Bay and neither of those watches holds anything over this GS. Sure, it’s quartz, but it’s not just any quartz.
    Love the pics! Thanks for sharing 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jones82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Trexweightlifting View Post
    Thanks for the replies, a bit of mixed feelings on this one.. if it were spring drive it would be a no brainer but that's double the price!

My worry is not that I wouldn't like it (saw at the ad and finish is exceptional!) more that if *ahem When I go to flip it if there is going to be a market for them.. I gather it's fairly niche being both GS but more so quartz don't want to loose everything on it when it has a few marks.. the quartz in this instance is actually interesting to me but for the masses they probably think it's a sub 1000 watch, not triple that
    Actually, it is GS's best seller and they are in high demand. Last time I was at an AD I asked about looking at them, but they already had them shelved for buyers. So don't worry about that.

As the owner of both an Aquis and Grand Seikos I would say sell the Aquis and buy the GS. You said you got a great deal on the Aquis, so if you're not eating money on the sale, it is a no brainer to me. I adore my Aquis and consider it the best sub 2k diver out there, but I also know I could always buy another for around 800-900 if I wanted to fund another purchase.
    Good luck and I look forward to seeing some pics!
    Cheers for the reply, your collection is one I have always enjoyed seeing as it is fairly similar to the direction mine is going, and thanks for feedback! This and the other replies have cemented the decision!

GS incoming!

Re other comments I have always wanted a gs but spring drive too pricey and the others didn't give me the fizz, I have loved the look of the gmt since it came out and seeing in person really did show the quality and it popped to me.. should be a strap monster as well.

The oris I bought purely on a good deal whim so no hard feelings letting that go, I'm sure I would regret letting this deal for the GS slip by so lock it in!

Enjoy your new 9F GMT! I never thought I would buy another quartz watch but the accuracy, technical aspects of the movement related to both accuracy and precision of hand movement, detailing, build quality, weight and appearance with this GS has opened my eyes a bit.

I would flip. You'll never worry about what time it really is with the HAQ GS. Oris is a nice watch, and the fit and finish are fine, but it has a pedestrian movement that requires periodic servicing. The GS only requires battery changes every 2-3 years. Both would require periodic pressure testing and gasket replacements. I like the looks of the Oris better, so if it's just aesthetics you are interested in, keep the Oris. GS also has a jump hour hand so it's more useful as a GMT.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information