GSAR/TSAR Crown

Thread: GSAR/TSAR Crown

GSAR/TSAR Crown

I have a question about the Marathon GSAR/TSAR crown. Does anyone have a problem with the crown digging into the back of their hand(left wrist watch wearers), especially when in long sleeves and the watch is forced to the end of your wrist? I have been thinking buying one of these watches for a year, and every time I look at a photo I think of that supercrown gnawing away at me.

Re: GSAR/TSAR Crown

I have had my G-SAR for about a year and a half now and love it. By no means a tiny or light watch but still very comfortable (I alternate between the metal band and a zulu strap). As for the crown, the only time I notice it is when I am doing any type of work that requires my hand to be bent back for long periods. Normal activities, including many hours at a keyboard while wearing a dress shirt, are no problem. Be warned though - the seal on the bottom of the metal strap is prone to getting scratched easily, especially on a desk if at the keyboard for any length of time.
    Omega Speedmaster
    Tag HeuerAquaracer
    Marathon G-SAR
    Junkers 6258 Navigator
    Casio G-Shock GW-3000B-1A

I've had a GSAR and a SAR. The crown does brush the back of the wrist, but it isnt really irritating. You get used to it. Small price to pay for an awsome watch IMO! I say try it, if you dont like it you can sell it quick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

No issue here with my TSAR, it's not a huge watch width-wise so the crown is not bothersome at least for me.
    Fan of manual winds and German makes.

I understand what you are saying ,but I dont think you will have a problem. You would have carpal tunnel long before the crown would be a problem. I really like my TSAR, but dont wear it as much as I should due to the weight of the watch. IMO it is heavy.

I'm not sure if I'd call the TSAR a heavy watch, but my "everyday" watch is a Seamaster... I usually only wear my TSAR when I'm working in rough conditions. I've had it since last fall and haven't really noticed any comfort issues while wearing it. Get one, they are cool watches.
    Omega Seamaster 300 M Chrono Diver (213.30.42.40.01.001)
    TAG Heuer Link Automatic Chronograph (CJF2110.BA0594)
    Marathon TSAR
    Seiko Kinetic (Model Unknown)
    Seiko Kinetic (Model Unknown)
    Seiko Kinetic Scuba Diver's 200 M (SKA413)(Beater)

Same here, I have a M-SAR and J-SAR and never had a comfort issue with either of them. Two very comfy watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Daniel ~

Thread Information