hacking accuracy ?

Thread: hacking accuracy ?

LTH

hacking accuracy ?

I have noticed something strange with my Citizen NY2300 (miyota 6200), as any automatic it runs a little bit on a very regular +7s/day (I log the deltas with excel) so from time to time I have to move the hands backward.
    If I only move the hands backward, the watch runs quicker, irregularly, from +10 to +25s/day ! I discovered that if I move the hands backward but much more than necessary, at least 10 minutes, then slowly forward to reach the wanted time, the watch is as accurate as before !!!

I have done this 3 times, over a 4 weeks pediod.

any explanation ?
    Swatch Sistem 51 Arrow (custom bracelet), Bulova Snorkel 96B209, Seiko SSA174K1 "unicorn" 4R37, Seiko SKA465P1 Kinetic 5M62-0CH0, Alpha Sundial Black, Seiko "SPØRK" SRP043K1, MQJ submariner, Casio WVA-430, Citizen diver NY2300-09EB, Seiko 5 SNXS77K (7S26) , Casio Protrek PRT-500 , Swatch Beat webmaster , vintage Seiko 5 (1972 defective) various Casio, Pulsar, Yonger&Bresson all anadigit and a Fossil WristPda:oops:

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: hacking accuracy ?

Hi,
    I speculate that the poise of the escapement/balance wheel is disturbed (shortened) when you adjust it in only one direction. Its almost like a kink is induced into the hair spring thus quickening the period of the movement. What is actually happening is a job for a good watchmaker to discover.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Hi -

To expand on this, I think you have perhaps two problems. The poise could be disturbed by setting the hands if the geartrain is sticking, putting pressure on the smooth working of the escapement/balancewheel combo and interrupting the movement. Normally this should not be a problem, with the gear train moving smoothly, but if there is dirt/damage in the gear train, it will seize briefly, resulting in unusual force at the escapement, which could explain the behavior: short-termed irregularity that settles back to the normal deviance.

Either the watch gets worked on or you live with it.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LTH

ok, I live with it thanks !
    Swatch Sistem 51 Arrow (custom bracelet), Bulova Snorkel 96B209, Seiko SSA174K1 "unicorn" 4R37, Seiko SKA465P1 Kinetic 5M62-0CH0, Alpha Sundial Black, Seiko "SPØRK" SRP043K1, MQJ submariner, Casio WVA-430, Citizen diver NY2300-09EB, Seiko 5 SNXS77K (7S26) , Casio Protrek PRT-500 , Swatch Beat webmaster , vintage Seiko 5 (1972 defective) various Casio, Pulsar, Yonger&Bresson all anadigit and a Fossil WristPda:oops:

Thread Information