Half Link For Tudor Pelagos
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Half Link For Tudor Pelagos

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Half Link For Tudor Pelagos

Hey guys, really looking for a solution here. I just purchased a Tudor Pelagos as my first serious watch, however, I am running into a problem with the bracelet and its driving me a little crazy- and I am only really interested on wearing it on the bracelet.

Basically, if I put it on the variable adjust setting (the 4th micro-adjust) the watch fits nicely in the evenings but is still tight in the morning (so its uncomfortable about 50% of the time). Adding another link provides roughly 10mm in length and moving the variable adjust on the clasp back to the 1st position reduces the bracelet length by 6mm, thus increasing the overall circumference by 4mm which makes the bracelet too large all the time.

I have called Rolex inquiring about a 1/2 link which would definitely fix the problem, however, Rolex does not make any such links. So I am really looking for an after market half link that would fit the bracelet. If anyone knows where to get such links I would greatly appreciate the notification. The width of the bracelet is ~18mm.

I would also consider switching to a clasp that would be similar to the submariner or deep sea in terms of having many micro adjust settings. I've measured my wrists and they have fluctuated almost .20in during the day.

Any other helpful suggestions are also appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Half Link For Tudor Pelagos

bump

Maybe ask in the bracelet forum?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't think Rolex will just sell you any clasp if you do cannot return the "original" part.

Not sure about the new glidelock but the older stamped steel Rolex sub/sd clasp has about the same amount micro adjustment as your Pelagos.

Good luck on your search
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Rolex Milgauss GV 116400
    Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite/Sapphire Sandwich 3572.50
    Omega Seamaster Professional Ceramic 300M
    Officine Panerai Luminor 1950 372P
    Officine Panerai Luminor Base 000M
    Officine Panerai Radiomir Blackseal 380P
    IWC Pilot's MK XVIII "Le Petit Prince" IW327004
    Seagull x WUS Moonphase #7
    Casio G-Shock "Mudman" G-9000
    Swatch Sistem51 "Hodinkee" Vintage 84

Let me know what you find. I have a similar issue with a wrist size that fluctuates a lot during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection: Swatch Sistem51 Hodinkee Vintage 84, Casio G-Shock DW6900MS-1
    For Sale:
    Tudor Heritage Black Bay 79220N
    Sold: Tudor Pelagos, MKII LRRP Milsub HRV, Marathon GSAR, Halios Tropik SS Black, Raven Vintage 40mm, Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military, Obris Morgan Explorer, Maratac Mid-Pilot, Suunto Core Glacier Gray, Seiko 5 'Turtle' Sports 100M Watch Blue Dial SRPB15K1,
    Marathon TSAR Medium Diver's Quartz, Suunto Core Ultimate Black

Everyone's wrist fluctuates in size during the day and at different times of the year. With a bracelet, size it to be comfortable in the morning (right after a shower, for example, when your wrist will be around its thickest), and let be a little loose at night. I fear that you won't find a better solution than that.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Long Island, NY a.k.a. .....................Strong Island

Reviving an old thread...

Have they come out with a half link yet?

I'm sure they have received many calls on the matter.

Does anyone know, I'd love to have a Half link as it would make the bracelet a perfect fit.

Everybody raves about the clasp, but they obviously don't fall into the micro adjustment gap like you and I do. Why to designers not make enough holes to cover at a minimum, the length of a link, but even better, 1.5 links.

The oris aquis rubber clasp had seriously spoiled me. I almost never wear my pelagos on its bracelet due to its poor fitment.
    Vlciudoli likes this.

I have the same problem with the THC, and they don't make a half link. Seems like a Tudor trend. I just wear it in the configuration where it's a touch loose in "un swelled" wrist conditions, but as my wrist expands it trends towards the perfect fit.

That method is the most comfortable overall.

I have expierenced the same issue but to be fair I get it with every watch I own, bracelet or strap. At least with the Pelagos bracelet there is Spring loading in the clasp for the odd time when my wrist really expands. I thought the adjustment was pretty good really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information