Hamilton Flight Timer stuck in EOL mode
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hamilton Flight Timer stuck in EOL mode

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hamilton Flight Timer stuck in EOL mode

So, the other day my Flight Timer started ticking only once every five seconds, so I took it for a battery change. After the change, from what is assumed to be a legit place, they said they noticed that it was still ticking only once every five seconds.

Any ideas? No warranty on the watch, just so you know.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Re: Hamilton Flight Timer stuck in EOL mode

I don't know much about the watch or movement but I once had a perpetual calendar Seiko that did something similar after a battery change until the calendar was reset. Maybe there is something that needs to be reset?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I don't know much about the watch or movement but I once had a perpetual calendar Seiko that did something similar after a battery change until the calendar was reset. Maybe there is something that needs to be reset?
    I looked through the manual, but I couldn't find anything about a reset. I might have to email Hamilton and do that dance. I hate dealing with watch companies. It's like talking to tech support at work, but instead of telling you to restart your computer, they tell you to take it to an authorized service center.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sent them an email. Cross your fingers, cross your toes!
    GlennO and dbostedo like this.

Putting on my fortune teller's hat... I'm getting a feeling.... something coming in.... it's a response.... a response from Hambone...no, Ham-n-eggs... no... Hamilton! Yes! A response from Hamilton.... and it's saying.... quartz is bad?!?.... no, that's not it.... it's saying that you can fix something... fix your wallet.... nope.... fix your women?!?... no, that can't be right.... fix yourrrrr.....watch!... That's it! I've got it... It's all clear now....

It's a response coming from Hamilton that you can fix your watch by TAKING IT TO AN AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER!!
    Raza, GlennO and Domo like this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

They will probably want you to send it in (and lecture you for not using them in the first place). My advice would be to figure out what eta module you have and then find the manual for it. It's likely that a circuit reset is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    They will probably want you to send it in (and lecture you for not using them in the first place). My advice would be to figure out what eta module you have and then find the manual for it. It's likely that a circuit reset is needed.
    It's an ETA E20.373, according to Hamilton's site.

Did you try taking out the battery and putting it back again? Try to force reboot the thing before sending it back to Hamilton.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It may sound a bit daft Raza but are the shop 100% sure that the battery they put in is good?
    Last edited by sticky; August 27th, 2014 at 19:53. Reason: Typo

Hamilton gave me a number I can call to talk about the issue and see if they can help me out. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. Otherwise, they recommended I send it to an authorized service center....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information