Hamilton Intra-matic or FC-306S4S6 slim line
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GlennO

Thread: Hamilton Intra-matic or FC-306S4S6 slim line

Hamilton Intra-matic or FC-306S4S6 slim line

I tried the FC the other day, but i also like the Intra-matic. I can't really see where the price difference comes from. Both watches look very much the same to me, apart from the date. I'm not sure about the movement in the FC though, guess it's an ETA as well.
    Any suggestions why i should get the FC over the Intra-matic?

Name:  FC.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  6.3 KBName:  Intramatic.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  6.5 KB
    Last edited by Rannug; May 1st, 2014 at 04:00.

Re: Hamilton Intra-matic or FC-306S4S6 slim line

In such cases it's usually just the little things. Slightly better quality finish on the case and dial/markers etc. Anti-reflective coating. Sapphire as opposed to glass case-back. Maybe a better strap etc.. The FC is slightly thinner at 8.8mm v 9.5mm. I think the FC uses the SW300 but that's effectively the same as the ETA 2892.

I like them both a lot!

GlennO said it all, the FC is more refined...I like the hands, lugs & strap much more on the FC.
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks guys. Unfortunately i have no option to have a look the Intra-matic around here. I really like the FC ( the hands do look nicer), but think the Intra-matic is really nice too. Would be good to see them both next to each other. It's a bit like Nomos Tangente vs. Stowa Antea...
    Last edited by Rannug; May 1st, 2014 at 05:38.

They're both ETA 2892-A2 movements I believe, so the innards are identical in basic design. I'm not sure if there's a difference in what grade movement is used (between standard, elabore, and top). Other than that, the things you might be paying for with the FC are movement decoration, materials, case quality, dial quality, finishing, or the brand name. If those don't seem to be much different to you, the Hamilton seems like a great value.

EDIT : That's what I get for typing too slow... all my info (and maybe being wrong on not mentioning the SW300) already posted by others!
    Last edited by dbostedo; May 1st, 2014 at 05:41.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

The Hamilton Intra-matic for me. In fact I did buy two of them in SS and gold PVD. The 38 mm size is much more sensible in a dress watch than 40 mm. I would have preferred if they had made it in 36mm, still with 2 hands only but drop the date, then it would have been perfect. The 38mm does not wear objectionably big, and is a very nice watch overall. It also wears a lot thinner than it's 10 mm thickness would suggest.
    Last edited by dduck; August 3rd, 2015 at 15:25.

Thread Information