Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono Automatic

Thread: Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono Automatic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono Automatic

I like this watch and thinking this one would be my next purchase. It is dressy, sporty and just looks good to me.
    Just looking for opinions from the owners. What do you like and dislike about the watch. How is accuracy? Reliability? Fit, finish, feel? How is it compared to your other watch or something you had before, whether more or less expensive, doesn't matter. Opinions appreciated.

Banned

Re: Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono Automatic

I'm a bit bored of chronos now, especially 7750s. But if you really want a new chrono this is probably a cheap way to do it. How much are these? I would get a minty 6138 or 6139 or 7015 (all vintage Seikos). They are rare, the movements are superior, there are a bunch of styles to choose from, and they won't drop in value so much (if at all). Or maybe an 8110, but these are smallish, so not for everybody.

But that's not the most helpful post! Quality of Hamilton is good for what you pay.
    Last edited by jason_recliner; March 16th, 2009 at 07:42.

I like the watch too. I've owned my HJC for over just over 4 years now and I can say in all honesty that I've had no issues whatsoever with its accuracy nor with its reliability (as you probably know the movement inside is the well-known workhorse Valjoux 7750). Because of that it's the watch that I tend to normally choose to wear to work. On my wrist the feel is great and the finish is very nice but that's just my opinion, you should be the judge of those two factors when you go try one on...

A couple of pics (Wrist:7"/Case dia:42mm)...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for your replies. I will try to stop by an AD and see it in person.

Good luck with your decision.

BTW, I think the black dial version is also quite attractive, particularly on the bracelet...

Kiwi, were you standing there next to me today when I was looking at the white dial and black dial chrono jazzmasters? You just read my mind...

What I can say, is that I am pretty surprised to have discovered that in reality, the black dial on the bracelet does look better to me and looks better on my wrist. I stopped by the store today and tried both on. I think the white dial with brown leather would be good for me in about 10 years or so from now. No offense, but it just looks more oficial, more retro and classic. But the black dial, which is sportier but at the same time looks great almost with anything(dress shirt, sweater, etc), to me looks like a better fit. Another weird thing is that the black dial/bracelet version is cheaper than the white dial/leather. What gives? Both look great, but at this point, I am definitely leaning towards the all metal with black dial. I think that one would even look stunning with a nice leather strap as well.

Kiwi, the pictures you take are really amazing. Your watch looks so good on these pictures.
    I was really blown away when I handled 2 different versions of the watch side by side and liked the black version better. White dial version is definitely more photogenic. On the other hand, pictures absolutely do no justice to the black dial. Well, there is no substitute for checking it out yourself, right? That is what I did and glad I did it.

:thanks

Glad you like my photos. And glad to hear you were pleased with what you saw at the store. Yes, I think the black dial version does look attractive on the straps too. Go for it I say...

BTW check your PM, just sent you one regarding where I got mine.

I think that I've decided to purchase one of these as well. It's unfortunate that my AD doesn't have more of these for me to look at. All that's there is a black dial with brown leather strap. I would love to see some more up close and personal such as the black dial on bracelet or the white dial on leather. It would be far easier than making up my mind based on pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidj View Post
    BTW check your PM, just sent you one regarding where I got mine.
    kiwdij, would you mind letting me know where you got your Hamilton Jazzmaster? I've been looking to get one of these as well and my local AD's don't have very many options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information