Hamilton Jazzmaster revisited

Thread: Hamilton Jazzmaster revisited

Hamilton Jazzmaster revisited

Don't use your computer clock to time your watch; at least not mine. A fairly new Lenovo (about a year old) and I set it to time.gov about a month or so ago. I assumed that it would be consistent but it isn't. Yesterday it was two minutes slow . Timing the watch by going to time.gov indicates that it is just slightly fast 4-5sec a day.

Obviously I ended up keeping the watch. I am not sure if the watch ever needed to be demag'd or not though I had it done because of my flawed (unbeknownst to me) timing method.

The watch was from member nyyankees and appears that it was fine all along :thanks

Anybody know who regulates computers ?

Re: Hamilton Jazzmaster revisited

I use a digital radio controlled "atomic" clock. I can verify that it is synchronizing daily so it is as accurate as possible. I agree that computer clocks can sometimes be problematic depending on connection speed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tinearlabs View Post
    Don't use your computer clock to time your watch; at least not mine. A fairly new Lenovo (about a year old) and I set it to time.gov about a month or so ago. I assumed that it would be consistent but it isn't. Yesterday it was two minutes slow . Timing the watch by going to time.gov indicates that it is just slightly fast 4-5sec a day.

Obviously I ended up keeping the watch. I am not sure if the watch ever needed to be demag'd or not though I had it done because of my flawed (unbeknownst to me) timing method.

The watch was from member nyyankees and appears that it was fine all along :thanks

Anybody know who regulates computers ?
    It's usually Operating System that is suppsed to adjust the time. PCs especally are horrable time keepers.

Now you know why so many of us time our watches at time.gov (but even that can be off depenting on something called "netwrok latency")...
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tinearlabs View Post
    In Windows XP you can double click the system clock in the taskbar and the Date and time properties pops up, click the tab that says Internet Time and the Update now button. The computer should sync with a time server once a week or so, but there are programs that you can install that makes your computer sync more frequently.

Thread Information