Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT, but which...

Thread: Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT, but which...

Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT, but which...

Hello everyone.

I've been browsing this forum mor several months now and except for a review of Hamy Traveler GMT 2 I could not find the information I was looking for...

I want to get me a new watch within prace range up to 700£, automatic, elabore movement grade, wr at least 10atm, preferably black dial and second time zone hand. I'd like it to go well with a suite on a fancy party as well as to be durable and not too fragile so I can wear it every day to work, gym or swimming pool.

Hence Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT. ETA 2893 in it is elabore grade afaic, and watch matches all my requirements. And here comes GMT 2, with screw down crown and wr 20atm. The thing is I really love the design of the first edition, except the date window which is imo too big, and the GMT 2 seems to be less dressy, bigger and I don't like the looks of it as much as I do with the previous one. But the additional security of screw down crowns and improved wr seem to be significant feature...

I have access to stores offering hamys in my city, but GMTs can only be ordered and have to be prepaid so there is no chance I can have a look not to mention inability to compare them before purchase.

After reading thread about screw donw crowns I am more towards the first Traveler, yet I realise I will be wearing this watch to a swimming pool and gym and I would not like it to get damages in any way too soon.

I have access to Traveler GMT for ~650€ and Traveler GMT 2 for 740€, so the price seems also to point me towards original Traveler...

The question is: Based on your knowledge and experiences with both time pieces, which one should I choose providing the purpose of it and my requirements?

Additionally, if you know of other time pieces matching those criteria, could you please let me know so I could take them under consideration and maybe find them a better choice then any of the Travelers?
    Last edited by Loreant; June 28th, 2013 at 15:57.

Re: Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT, but which...

This would be my choice.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372426934.809643.jpg
Views: 1329
Size:  134.3 KB

If I go with this one, I'd go with bracelet and black dial as I tend to wear only black.

Yet - is leather strap durability when swimming with it regulary not a bit low in comparison to bracelet?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Loreant View Post
    If I go with this one, I'd go with bracelet and black dial as I tend to wear only black.

Yet - is leather strap durability when swimming with it regulary not a bit low in comparison to bracelet?
    Yes leather straps are a bad idea for swimming period. I much prefer the look on leather though and that dial is by far my favorite.

Thread Information