Hamilton Quartz stops at date change.

Thread: Hamilton Quartz stops at date change.

Hamilton Quartz stops at date change.

Hi All

My Newish Hamilton Quartz Khaki Field recently developed a problem whereby when I got up in the morning the watch would be somewhere between 5 and 30 mins slow. The problem has now deteriorated insomuch as the watch now stops at about 18 mins before midnight (date change). The second hand goes forward by one second and then back one second, then forward one second, then back etc. and so it effectively has stopped.

When I reset the watch it works perfectly well until it approaches date change again.

Do I need to replace the movement? and if so would that definitely rectify the problem?

I would be hugely grateful for any advice.

Inactive

Re: Hamilton Quartz stops at date change.

Changed the battery yet?

I haven't only because the watch is only about 5 months old and the sticker on back said it was good until 2015!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Inactive

Ignore that and have it changed anyway - just to eliminate it

If it still misbehaves, then use the warranty a 5 month old watch must still have?
    Last edited by watchma; June 30th, 2013 at 10:23.

Sadly I bought it from Creation Watches in Singapore, who don't supply a Hamilton warranty (caveat emptor!). The hassle of packing it up and shipping it there doesn't particularly appeal to me. So if it's a reasonably cheap repair locally then I'd rather do that. There is supposed to be a low battery indicator on the watch. If it's low it's supposed to jump 4 seconds at a time. It's not doing that but I will get the battery changed. Thanks.

Hi. So I changed the battery and the problem remains. So I suppose a new movement it must be unless anybody has any other suggestions.

Thread Information