Hamilton Railroad Auto Chrono (H40616535)
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hamilton Railroad Auto Chrono (H40616535)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hamilton Railroad Auto Chrono (H40616535)

Hey guys,

I posted this in the Hamilton forum as well but I thought I'd get more responses here. I wanted to see what you guys thought of the Hamilton Railroad Auto Chrono and if it was worth the $2000 price tag.

Thanks.

Re: Hamilton Railroad Auto Chrono (H40616535)

I think it's a really great watch with a cool, unique design. I'd say it's worth it. Though, for my money, I went with the Hamilton Pan Europ, a retro design/modern reissue with the "in-house" H31 movement. The H31/H21 movement also features in the Pilot Auto Chrono, which is a lovely, if less distinctive watch.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Leaves me a bit flat. Don't get the Railroad connection, looks just like a chrono to me. Worlds ugliest "Cyclops", why pie shaped and the date isn't even at the big end. The big crown and large pushers(dirt magnets) make the watch a tad lopsided in my book.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry but as we say in the U.K. 'It's not my cup of tea' Having said that though I would fork out $2,000 for one as I reckon it's good VFM.

Nice watch but for $2K price tag, there are many other choices over this one. X-Mach, Xwind, Jazzmaster & all the pilot chronos, etc... I don't think this particular brand is a popular one on this forum at least, I think X-Wind was very popular. Longines & Oris also offer some automatic chronos at similar prices I think. I wouldn't get this one.

Inactive

$2,000 no, but the typical $1300 you can get them for grey market? Probably worth it. You already like the aesthetics so that doesn't really factor in. Hamilton makes a nice watch, I wouldn't have an issue dishing $1000 - $1500 if I fell in love with one. I have a X-Wind Chrono that is a really nice watch, but I got it grey market for $599, it's NOS of the Valjoux 7750 movement. It's definitely well worth that price.

For $2,000 I would be wearing a Sinn U1 or Longines LD.
    Last edited by Mike_Dowling; October 8th, 2013 at 02:20.

You can do much better in your price range. Just shop around.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by nakedjohnny View Post
    Nice watch but for $2K price tag, there are many other choices over this one. X-Mach, Xwind, Jazzmaster & all the pilot chronos, etc... I don't think this particular brand is a popular one on this forum at least, I think X-Wind was very popular. Longines & Oris also offer some automatic chronos at similar prices I think. I wouldn't get this one.
    Hamilton gets a lot of love on the forums. Hell, I have four. 2,000 may be a lot for the Railroad, but like others have said, gray market they can be a great value. The Railroad offers a unique look that most others, even Hamiltons, don't have. Now, it wouldn't be my choice (I voted with my dollars and bought a Pan Europ), but that doesn't mean I think it's a bad one.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I think it's a really great watch with a cool, unique design. I'd say it's worth it. Though, for my money, I went with the Hamilton Pan Europ, a retro design/modern reissue with the "in-house" H31 movement. The H31/H21 movement also features in the Pilot Auto Chrono, which is a lovely, if less distinctive watch.
    While I'm not sure how 'in-house' it really is (this is basically a 7750 with a better power reserve isn't it?), if I were going to go for a chronograph that did not have a true 'in-house' movement, the Hamilton Pan Europ would be my choice. It has a great vintage look, it is based on a vintage chronograph, it has a ton for wrist presence, and the price is really pretty reasonable for the level of finishing, especially 45mm chronograph.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

We always need pics...(not mine)
    Name:  H40616535.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  128.8 KB
    nakedjohnny and geoffbot like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information