Hamilton Tachymiler @ Ashford.com

Thread: Hamilton Tachymiler @ Ashford.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hamilton Tachymiler @ Ashford.com

Hey guys,

I was looking to buy an orange monster since it would make a decent everyday watch that is automatic, but then i came across the Hamilton Tachymiler on Ashford.com: http://www.ashford.com/hamilton-15/k...tch-14058.html

Everywhere I see it being advertised for like $800+ I originally wanted that watch but i didnt wanna drop the coin on a new one, and i hate buying used stuff. Ashford has it for just under $600, I think I might pull the trigger.

I know they are 2 totally different watches, but what do you guys think? Anyone know about that website? Should I just cheap out, buy the Seiko, and save my money and buy a high end watch in a couple months?

I just want an automatic everyday watch that has some "stand-out-ness"

Banned

Re: Hamilton Tachymiler @ Ashford.com

That is a great watch and Ive heard all good things about Ashford except that sometimes they are slow to ship. I would get whatever is going to make you happy. Dont just settle, if you have the means and you have wanted it for a while just go for it.

Go for it I say! That's a very good deal. You might wanna shoot them an email first just to confirm stock and see how long it takes for them to ship out. Good luck...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

That's a good price for a new 7750. The lack of the 12 hour register would annoy me a bit. It's obviously in a different price range to the Monster, and there's a LOT of great watches at that price. I would take your time and check them out before pulling the trigger.

Very nice find. Great price on a very well thought of watch. Not for me...too big and I do have my Fortis

Thought you might want more pics!

As for Ashford. I've never had a problem with them in shipping or anything else.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Docrwm; March 27th, 2009 at 03:06.
    -Robert
    Buy what you like, keep what you love, don't spend too much.
    As long as you follow those simple rules - you shouldn't listen to anyone about your watches.

thanks for all your help guys! I was gonna pull the trigger and buy the Monster just because it was cheaper.

But Im gonna get the Tach unless someone can suggest a sexy watch at that price range thats automatic. When I found out that Hamilton is made by swatch, I was hesitant, but then i found out that higher end companies (TAG, if im not mistaken) also buy their movement from the Swatch Group, then I disregarded that fact.

Im gonna sit on it for about a couple hours, and then buy either the monster or the Tach, but your advise is pushing me towards the tach, and the good price as well.

Thanks!

Banned

It's definitely a good price. But the point I was trying to amke was that it is currently a buyer's market BIG time. There are so many great deals out there, so i wouldn't rush it. I forgot to mention that compared to the rest of his watch my mate's Khaki bracelet is junk - the finish of the integrated end links doesn't match the case, but it's not different enough for this to pass as a design feature. And this looks like the same bracelet. Make sure you've got enough change for a nice leather strap.

Quote Originally Posted by cash_money View Post
    thanks for all your help guys! I was gonna pull the trigger and buy the Monster just because it was cheaper.

But Im gonna get the Tach unless someone can suggest a sexy watch at that price range thats automatic. When I found out that Hamilton is made by swatch, I was hesitant, but then i found out that higher end companies (TAG, if im not mistaken) also buy their movement from the Swatch Group, then I disregarded that fact.

Im gonna sit on it for about a couple hours, and then buy either the monster or the Tach, but your advise is pushing me towards the tach, and the good price as well.

Thanks!
    That Tach is pretty unique looking, and looks very sporty. I dig the color combo, and I have warmed up to white dials, too.

Go for it!
    Chuck P

ORIS (Sinatra Date Silver, Williams F1 Day Date, TT1 Day Date)
    VSA Dive Master 500 Mecha - Bracelet (AWESOME!)
    Hamilton Cushion (silver)
    VSA Ambassador XL Blue Manual Wind

I purchased my hammy tachymiler around christmas. I have absolutely no regrets about purchasing this watch. Even though it uses an unmodified valjoux 7750, it keeps excellent time of +8 seconds a day. It all boils down to what you like better, but I definately give my for the tachy.

Get it, its STIll alot of watch for the money at a $800 price. And now that its less than 6 hundo, i say its a no brainer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information