Hamilton vs. Frederique Constant
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By swissmade12406
  • 1 Post By WatchNRolla
  • 2 Post By jilgiljongiljing

Thread: Hamilton vs. Frederique Constant

Hamilton vs. Frederique Constant

Hey guys, I've been debating between these two particular watches for a bit now. I'd like to hear some opinions on which one you would choose and why.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp...32515555-a.jpg

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/dm...sp_s_26109.jpg

Also if there are any others in that price range that you would recommend as well

Re: Hamilton vs. Frederique Constant

Go with the Hammy. Center second and a clean classic look. Roman numerals are not my favorites.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Coleslaw likes this.

Hamilton much more classic and usually excellent value and accuracy

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If you're going to wear it in more dressy situations, I'd go with the FC. More casual situations, the Hamilton.
    ken_sturrock likes this.

Between those two watches, I like the Hamilton better. If its between the two companies FC interests me more because of their unique movements.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd pick an FC over a Hamilton anyday. having owned multiple watches from both brands before, I can tell you that the polishing and case finishing is definitely better on the FC compared to the Hamilton. There is also a bit more personality and flair on the FC. The patterns on the dial pop more and are deeper and more 3d, the markers have better finishing, the font on the caseback, the high polish buckle with their logo stamped, minor touches that just make the watch stand out a bit more. The movements are identical (elaboree grade ETA and Sellita). There is also a sense of occassion with FC's packaging with leather covered large box and overall attention to detail.

Hamilton has a bit more of a manufactured feel to it, and a lot of times I've felt they are intentionally manufactured to sit between Tissot and Longines even when you know some of their watches can easily be made better. I would rate Longines to be in the same vein as FC for case and overall quality other than movements on the lower end watches since Longines tend to decorate their movements a bit better than FC. When it comes to Maxime Manufacture though all bets are off since FC makes stunning in house movements and Longines makes some great retrograde watches.

IMO if you were comparing watches with similar features at the same price, the FC would always win. That said, its not a very appealing picture you posted of the FC and there are non-subsecond models that look quite nice if you want a direct comparison with the Hamilton. Look at the Classic and Persuasion line.
    Last edited by jilgiljongiljing; May 13th, 2014 at 02:16.
    ed21x and BrentYYC like this.

Thread Information