Hamilton vs Maurice Lacroix vs Tissot
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hamilton vs Maurice Lacroix vs Tissot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hamilton vs Maurice Lacroix vs Tissot

Hi Everyone,

It was recently my 21st birthday and I am looking for a watch to buy myself with the money I received. I have narrowed this down to either the Hamilton X Wind with the black face and bracelet, the Maurice Lacroix Miros Sport, And the Tissot Touch Expert, however I am yet undecided on which to get. I appreciate they are very different watches both in looks and the fact the Hamilton is an automatic.

I can get the watches for the following prices Hamilton £670, Maurice £800 and Tissot £560, however here the Hamilton is greymarket, I know there is a big debate around this so I am also unsure whether this is a viable option. With the Maurice Lacroix I am unsure whether to spend £800 on a quartz which is one of the cheapest a manufacturer has to offer, again I am unsure whether this is much of an issue. I have tried them all on and they all fit nicely, the Hamilton is by far the biggest but looks the best, the Maurice looks a lot better on than in the pictures and a lot smarter in real life, while I am attracted to the looks and functions of the Tissot and maybe the safe bet.

Thanks for reading the long post.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Google Image Result for http://www.pmwf.com/Phorum/addon.php%3F10,module%3Dembed_images,file_id%3D172 78

Google Image Result for http://www.precisiontime.co.uk/images/maurice_lacroix/miros/MI1098-SS042-330_front.JPG

Google Image Result for http://www.itsabouttime.ca/dbfiles/images/watch2.jpg

Re: Hamilton vs Maurice Lacroix vs Tissot

For me this is easy...the Hamilton. BUT...I am not a Maurice fan, and certainly NOT their quartz offerings. I also am not a fan of the T-Touch...seems gimmicky to me and I have had a few buddies have nothing but issues with them. If you want the tech features of a T-Touch, I'd recommend getting a Garmin Foretrex instead and get your watch "separate."

Hamilton...and greymarket from a reputable dealer is no issue. I have only purchased one of my watches from an AD.

Good Luck!

Grail: Montblanc Villeret Tachydate Monopusher

Of the watches you've posted I like the Hamilton best. Of these brands (I should note that I've owned all 3), it's my personal belief that ML has better quality and design. I am not a huge fan of their quartz offerings though.

Cheers,
    NM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hamilton all day long. If you want new, the X-Wind is available from ADs in the UK, but will be more than the price you've posted, of course.

Might I suggest waiting for the new Hamilton X-Patrol?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Hamilton hands down. I have the automatic ML Miros and dollar for dollar my Hamilton is the winner.
    Last edited by bacari; August 28th, 2012 at 22:38.
    Rolex Submariner
    Zenith Chronomaster XT Open El Primero

Omega Seamaster James Bond 007 Limited Edition
    Kobold Comanche
    Helson Sharkmaster
    Sinn U1
    Alpina Extreme Diver

Maurice Lacroix Miros
    Ball B&O First Mile

Edox Classe Royale Open Heart Automatic
    Shinola Brakeman 46

Luminox 3000 Navy Seal Diver
    Hamilton Khaki Navy Sub
    Seiko Black Monster
    Citizen Ecozilla
    Deep Blue Sunray Diver 1k
    and various other makes and models

I won't get involved with arguing about quartz movements or the relative quality of the manufacturers. However, I will say I think the Maurice Lacroix is the best looking of the bunch.

I prefer the Hamilton and think it represents very good value. If the ML was the LE Miros Diver chrono it would be a more difficult decision for me due to its HAQ movement, and better looks in my eyes. There are still a few NOS examples to be found with some searching. This is the blue version.

ps. welcome to WUS!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    I prefer the Hamilton and think it represents very good value. If the ML was the LE Miros Diver chrono it would be a more difficult decision for me due to its HAQ movement, and better looks in my eyes. There are still a few NOS examples to be found with some searching. This is the blue version.

ps. welcome to WUS!

Might just be me, but that doesnt look like a high end watch IMO, looks kinda cheap with those sub dials.

To the OP, of the lot (Which is a very interesting selection since they are all so different), I would agree that Hamilton is the better pick. ML is good when you get into their Master line, but otherwise they are a but meh. Tissot T Touch is great for the outdoors, but I wouldnt get it unless you really want those digital features for outdoor activities as such.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    Might just be me, but that doesnt look like a high end watch IMO, looks kinda cheap with those sub dials.
    I wouldn't call any of these watches high end. It's just the movement that is in that one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information