Hamilton X-wind Rose Gold Concerns.

Thread: Hamilton X-wind Rose Gold Concerns.

Hamilton X-wind Rose Gold Concerns.

I was thinking about purchasing the Limited edition Hamilton X-wind in rose gold. When I went to my local AD who I have a good relationship with and asked about the watch, I was told the gold would eventually fall off. For all the owners out there, I was wondering if anyone has noticed this problem. Does this problem apply to all gold plated watches?

Inactive

Re: Hamilton X-wind Rose Gold Concerns.

Anything plated will eventually wear away. How quickly that happens will depend on how thick the plating is, how much the item gets rubbed, how durable the plating material is, etc. So, yes, the dealer is correct and it does apply to all gold plated watches. Whether that's enough of a concern to keep you from buying the watch is something only you can determine. Sorry, but I don't have any personal experience with the issue, since all of my watches are stainless steel, thus I can't give you anything more specific.

Re: Hamilton X-wind Rose Gold Concerns.

That's exactly what my AD advised me about. I went ahead and picked up the steel and black x-wind and am extremely happy.

Thread Information