Handwinding Oris 65 On sellita?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Handwinding Oris 65 On sellita?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Handwinding Oris 65 On sellita?

Hello, and hope you are having a good Day. I Have using without a trouble my Oris 65, keeping great time. In the last few days, I have used only a couple hours per Day, and let it rest, I wasnt being active, since im having a flu. Today I picked up my watch after about 14 hours not using it, and when I looked at the watch, it was stopped. I guess this could be because I used it just a couple hours per Day these days, could it be?

Well, I decided to manually handwind the watch from the crown, since it was without charge, I fully handwounded till it was impossible to do another wound, but as I did this, it was a little gritty felling (i read that is normal with 2824 and sellita sw 200-1). I have put the watch down to see how much it last the power reserve, but I have a question: Its possible that I have broke something for going to a full handwinding charge? (i couldnt more winds)

How should I resume my watch when I finish to check the power reserve test? Should I handwind it till fully or stop when it starts running?

Im getting a little nervous about having my watch broken or something. How should I proceed to check if my watch works fine? Till now is working as expected.

Thank you very much guys

Re: Handwinding Oris 65 On sellita?

Something is broken or catching. Maybe the "helicopter rotor" where a hand wind will also spin the rotor inside. Poor lubrication is another possible reason.
    Technically, you can hand-wind an automatic movement forever - it should not stop or get harder to wind like a non-automatic hand-wind movement. There is some kind of clutch which (dis)engages when the movement is fully wound so you don't do any damage (but you can keep winding it to no effect).
    rfortson likes this.
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Thanks for your reply! I Read that the 2824 or sellita when fully wounded gets very hard to continúe, its that posible?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I Just tried to give it a few winds more and it can certainly be turned indefinitely, its not as hard as I thought, how do I know if my rotor is spinning when i handwind the crown if I dont have a transparente caseback?

It's hard but usually you can feel and hear it whirring, like every turn of the crown has force against it and it's making a complete spin of the rotor (not just rocking it a little bit).
    Seulement, il faut du temps pour être heureux. Beaucoup de temps. Le bonheur lui aussi est une longue patience. - Only, it takes time to be happy. A lot of time. Happiness, too, is a long patience.

Yup, If I do this vertically it doesnt happen or I dont notice it, but if I do this in other position it happens. Im taking it to my watch repair guy On friday, its an easy fix or its a pretty big deal?

Thanks for your help my dude

It's likely because of a faulty reversing wheel. Doesn't seem to be an uncommon problem.
    No idea how much to fix.

I had a similar issue with an at the time 2-year-old Oris using a SW200-1. The watch would not wind automatically, only in hand-wind. It went back to Oris for a service where, afaik the entire automatic winding part of the movement was replaced.

This was some time ago, but I vaguely remember that when I looked it up I stumbled upon other similar occurrences with the SW200-1 movement. Needless to say, I have been avoiding Sellita movements since then.
    davek35 likes this.

Yes, my main fear is of ruining the automátic winding. As far as I can tell right now, the hand winding is working, maybe it went out of charge because I used it sporadicly these days and I was very sedentary. But I guess my best bet is to take it to my watch repair guy, right?

If you don't have a Oris AD near you, then yes, bring it to your watch repair guy. Otherwise, I would go through Oris. They repaired and sent me my watch completely free of charge when I had the above mentioned issue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information