The Hanger Queen Dilema...

Thread: The Hanger Queen Dilema...

Question The Hanger Queen Dilema...

What to do with this issue??? I think opinions vary here, but this is becoming a problem with my collection. As I obtain some of my more sought after pieces I have been wearing older watches I have less and less.

I have never been a watch flipper meaning when I have sold watches in the past I have usually held them at least 6 months as I think long and hard before buying something to be sure I really want it. There are a couple of watches in my collection that I just do not care for anymore...my tastes have changed and in these cases I will sell the watches without hesitation(Just need to stop being so lazy and take some pics)

There are also 2-3 other watches I own that I like a lot and still want to keep....but I do not wear them. Is it foolish on my part to keep something I do not wear? I could use the funds for other watches or other expenditures.

I have even thought of keeping only one watch(GASP!) and selling everything else. Would that mean I am no longer a WIS

I realize this is a very personal decision on my part, but I am curious about what other opinions are on the matter....

Re: The Hanger Queen Dilema...

Wow we're living parallel lives compadre, kind of scary!
    Since august I've ONLY worn my Seadweller....
    I thinned out quite a bit to buy it and the ones left are "keepers" but still, getting no wrist time
    I guess I'm no help but you know you're not alone!
    Interested to see what others say.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by bleddrewsoe View Post
    What to do with this issue??? I think opinions vary here, but this is becoming a problem with my collection. As I obtain some of my more sought after pieces I have been wearing older watches I have less and less.

I have never been a watch flipper meaning when I have sold watches in the past I have usually held them at least 6 months as I think long and hard before buying something to be sure I really want it. There are a couple of watches in my collection that I just do not care for anymore...my tastes have changed and in these cases I will sell the watches without hesitation(Just need to stop being so lazy and take some pics)

There are also 2-3 other watches I own that I like a lot and still want to keep....but I do not wear them. Is it foolish on my part to keep something I do not wear? I could use the funds for other watches or other expenditures.

I have even thought of keeping only one watch(GASP!) and selling everything else. Would that mean I am no longer a WIS

I realize this is a very personal decision on my part, but I am curious about what other opinions are on the matter....
    I own about 70 watches. Next to come this week.Not the person to give you any advice though

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a suggestion, take it or leave it: if a particular watch has sentimental value to you, be it because it was a gift, or was purchased for a special occasion, or something similar that has a really special meaning to you, by all means keep it -- if you don't, you will eventually regret getting rid of it. Once you're through that step, look at what's left and decide if you would honestly wear any of them for any reason in the future, and if you can't come up with anything reasonable, sell them.

Of the watches I have (and there aren't many), three were gifts from family to mark special occasions and one belonged to my late father-in-law -- there's no way I will part with any of them. The rest are from various places and times, none of which I've grown any attachments to, so I would have no regrets in selling them if the need ever came up.

Mike

The Collection: Too many to list
    The Wish List: Still too many to list
    The Grail: Bremont ALT1-P (blue dial)

I used to flip watches, then settled down and looked at what I had. I decided I like to look at the evolving collection, so am keeping them now. these are from the last 2 months

Wow, that is a lot of quality watches purchased in 2 months!!!

Yamahaki - That CSAR is dreamy.

Bled- I would say do what you like. I too wear less and less of my former favorite watches. As you said tastes change, you like things now you once didn't and dislike what you once did. I think sometimes it's good to do a state of the collection so to speak and weed out those ones you just don't like. That way it makes way for the one or two grails you have to have.
    -Jarrod

I started this fun hobby/obsession with Russian watches, most of which were well under $100. Vostok, Slava, Raketa and Poljot still are a bulk of my collection. While I don't wear them that much any more, to me it isn't worth the hassle of flipping them as #1, they wouldn't bring that much money, and #2, they are unique. I have sold or given away some impulse buys, but I can count them on one hand. I suppose if I sold my more expensive ones I could get a Rolex/Omega/Tag/enter high end brand here, but then I wouldn't have the pleasurable dilemma of picking out which one to wear every morning.
    That isn't to say I wouldn't want a Rolex et. al., and someday maybe I will!

Cheers,
    Griff

I don't see myself selling anything of mine, even though they may not get the attention they deserve sometimes. But everyone is different.

I am curious though what you feel you have moved away from, relative to what you gravitate to currently?
    Steven
    Florida, USA

Sinn 103 St Sa LE
    Sinn 757 UTC
    Sinn U1
    Sinn 6100 Regulatuer
    IWC Aquatimer
    NOMOS Tangomat Datum
    Stowa Marine Original, 80th anniversary LE
    Stowa Seatime
    Doxa SUB750T Military Sharkhunter PVD
    Zinex Trimix GMT PVD LE Black Pirate