I have a conundrum at the moment with my collection and looking for some advice. I’m only interested in a 3 watch collection, so my current state is:
- Omega Speedmaster Automatic (ref 3513.50)
- Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue (ref 116400GV)
- Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin Moon (ref Q1368420)
My original thinking was having one "everyday" watch (Omega), one "nice" sports watch (Milgauss), and one "nice" dressy-formal watch (JLC). Now I'm looking to get rid of the JLC MUT Moon because it's slightly dressy for my rotation and I don't like having things I don't use, and I feel it is a little big on my wrists, which are 6.5". I want something more versatile than a moonphase. I have 3 options right now:
1. Sell it and use the funds to get a Rolex Explorer 114270 in excellent condition with box and papers (case and bracelet ok, but very small chip on edge of crystal, easily replaceable)-- $0 additional required from me
2. Trade it in for a Rolex Explorer 114270 in minty condition with box and papers-- $500 additional required from me
3. Sell it and use the funds to get a JLC Geophysic True Seconds in minty condition with box and papers-- $850 additional required from me
I'm on the fence about having another dressy watch, but the Geophysic is more casual and would be better suited for everyday in my eyes than the MUT Moon and I love the dead seconds complication. The Explorer I like for the size and it wouldn't hurt to have another Rolex sport model. It's hard to decide because the value proposition of the Rolex is stronger than the JLC in my opinion and I feel like the older 36mm models are getting rarer by the day, but at the same time I do want a white dial watch too, which the JLC would do beautifully. I do have the monetary value of the MUT Moon in this already, which I bought preowned, so trying to weigh all of this together.
What would you do?