Hardcore watch use
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Hardcore watch use

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Hardcore watch use

Ok, I for one baby my watches even to the point of not wearing them for fear they will become marked and lose value as well as their beauty which I know totally goes against what it was actually bought for, to provide me with the time. With that being said I actually wondered if there are some of you out there that actually wear an expensive time piece for its intended purpose? I'm curious, so let's see some of those "broken in" or "seasoned" Rolex, Breitlings, Panerai, Sinns, Damaskos and others.

I wear all my watches. I have a Rolex Milgauss that I wear regularly, but I am careful with. It's my most expensive watch, I got it new and it has a few marks on it now. I never intend on selling it, and although I don't want it to become marked and ugly, I don't really care about a small change in value from use.

On the other hand, I have some omega speedmaster professionals that are broken in nicely that I just wear the hell out of. To me, I only love a watch if I get to use it. What's the point in having a watch if it's just a piece of furniture, IMHO.
    Last edited by threeputtbogey; July 30th, 2014 at 07:03.
    Liamborghini likes this.

Re: Hardcore watch use

I wear every watch I own on a regular basis. A few scratches here and there from normal daily activities but nothing more. If I don't/can't wear them, may as well not have 'em . . .
    A.Lange & Sohne * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Meraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wear all of my watches regularly and as a consequence they all have some scratches here and there. Both my Breguet Type XX and Omega Constellation (my two pricier watches) have scratches on the bezel and the bracelet. I wear them the most so they even have more scratches than my Seiko Diver SKX007.
    IG: mrwatchusername

Main Stable: -

Breguet Type XX Transatlantique
    Rolex Datejust
    Rolex Milgauss
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster Professional
    Omega Constellation Quartz
    Jeanrichard Aquascope Hokusai
    Seiko Diver's Automatic

Everyone has a beater watch for that purpose, I have a 9month old Invicta8926 that I use for all dangerous watch territories :D I has a lo of scratches on the clasp and bracelet and a scratch on the cyclops (very small)... I don't like beating up my watches and other than my Invicta, previous owners have done the damage to them, I dont like getting them all scratched up xD

Am I someone who would wear an Omega SMP daily as a beater? God no. But I would certainly wear it....

I scratched my latest watch literally about 2 minutes after opening the box.

That sucked. :) But it only hurt for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by threeputtbogey View Post
    I wear all my watches. I have a Rolex Milgauss that I wear regularly, but I am careful with. It's my most expensive watch, I got it new and it has a few marks on it now. I never intend on selling it, and although I don't want it to become marked and ugly, I don't really care about a small change in value from use.
    Polish case of Milgauss really don't give anyone a break.....speaking from personal experience.

That is why I prefer to wear Seiko. Then I love my Seiko so much, scratches on my Darth Tuna, SKX009 and other 4 Seikos I own doesn't feel any better. Which making me wear G-Shocks. Then I love my G-Shocks so much that I don't to scratch them....

I am not trying to be funny, this is exactly how I am. Sometimes I think I only deserve to wear Timex, Swatch or watches like Invicta....which none of them I own.
    tanatron likes this.

I'm careful with my watches, but if it happens to get dinged or scratched through normal wear, then c'est la vie!

However, I do ensure I am wearing the appropriate watch for what I'm doing.

So PAM or Navitimer while at work, Inge on the weekends since it's on rubber, a Seiko monster for the beach and a FFF mod when playing with the kids.

The more watches you have, the less chance any one of them will get too dinged up or scratched.

So the solution is buy more watches!
    wuyeah, jjlwis1 and omshankstar like this.
    Present: ROLEX Hulk Submariner, Pepsi GMT 16750 & 2T Datejust 1601 * PANERAI Radiomir PAM183 * IWC Ingenieur Mission Earth * BREITLING Navitimer Olympus * SEIKO Orange Monster * TISSOT PRC200 * SWATCH '86 Lancelot

Past: BREITLING Super Avenger (Sold)
    * OMEGA Seamaster Planet Ocean XL (Sold) * SEVENFRIDAY P3-1 (Sold) * SEIKO Black Monster (Traded) & Fifty-Five Fathoms Mod (Sold) * HAMILTON '60 Masterpiece Thin-o-matic (Sold)

Hunting:
    AP RO 15400

The Grail (Someday): Patek Philippe Aquanaut

Time is too precious to measure with a cheap watch * The greatest luxury in life is time. Savour every second.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Stacks View Post
    I'm careful with my watches, but if it happens to get dinged or scratched through normal wear, then c'est la vie!

However, I do ensure I am wearing the appropriate watch for what I'm doing.

So PAM or Navitimer while at work, Inge on the weekends since it's on rubber, a Seiko monster for the beach and a FFF mod when playing with the kids.

The more watches you have, the less chance any one of them will get too dinged up or scratched.

So the solution is buy more watches!
    I like how you think. And I agree.
    wuyeah likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information