Has anyone DIY regulated the Miyota 9015?

Thread: Has anyone DIY regulated the Miyota 9015?

Has anyone DIY regulated the Miyota 9015?

A search on the web and WUS didn't seem to turn up anything on specific subject. Are there any resources out there on how to regulate a Miyota 9015?

There is some wonderful info out there about regulating the Miyota 8215, ETA2824, and Seiko 7s movemths (which I have succesfully used) and was wondering if any info exists on regulating the 9015.

I just got a watch with this movement and it will be another day or so before I know if regulating is necessary, but I was curious as I haven't seen any discussions on self regulating the 9015.

Thanks.

Re: Has anyone DIY regulated the Miyota 9015?

Shouldn't be different than other autos.

exactly. I've done mine in my DeepBlue Master Explorer and it was fine, but I caution you that this movement is quite well regulated from the factory, and you will have a hard time doing much better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know guys, from the pics I've seen under the hood and the lone comments I've seen about regulating, it doesn't appear this is done exactly the same as the others. I'll see if I can find a good pic to post..

Anyone done it yet?
    Last edited by ky70; February 11th, 2012 at 04:39.

Quote Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
    I don't know guys, from the pics I've seen under the hood and the lone comments I've seen about regulating, it doesn't appear this is done exactly the same as the others. I'll see if I can find a good pic to post..

Anyone done it yet?
    I haven't done one yet, but judging by the pics, it looks the same as a Seiko 7Sxx or a Miyota 82xx:

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Banned

Yes I did stays rather 'unpredictable' adjusting itself is no big deal, however . . . .you have to keep on doing it so: Swiss rules!! unfortunately still true . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mtech View Post
    exactly. I've done mine in my DeepBlue Master Explorer and it was fine, but I caution you that this movement is quite well regulated from the factory, and you will have a hard time doing much better.
    Hello Sir,
    Iknow this thread is an old one but i wanted to ask how hard was it to do the regulating and if you can give me any tips how the best way is i also got the same DeepBlue Master Explorer like you and mine is runnig slow maybe because i am also sleeping with the watch?
    so i will be more than happy if you have any tips for me how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by ky70 View Post
    A search on the web and WUS didn't seem to turn up anything on specific subject. Are there any resources out there on how to regulate a Miyota 9015?

There is some wonderful info out there about regulating the Miyota 8215, ETA2824, and Seiko 7s movemths (which I have succesfully used) and was wondering if any info exists on regulating the 9015.

I just got a watch with this movement and it will be another day or so before I know if regulating is necessary, but I was curious as I haven't seen any discussions on self regulating the 9015.

Thanks.
    Did you Sir found something regarding the 9015

Regulating a 9015 is quite a PITA. I've played around long time ago with some cheap Orient watches, and it was very easy to regulate without any special tools, since moving the +/- lever was pretty straightforward and between the farthest part of both sides were maybe max. 5 minutes, as in moving the lever 1mm would maybe adjust the watch by ten seconds per day or less. With 9015, its very far from that, its very-very sensitive, I've played around with my affordable Tisell and moving the lever 1mm took the watch from being about 15s fast per day to around 3 minutes per day slow! Then it was a painstakingly slow process of adjusting it maybe another 10 times until I got it down to <5s fast per day. So the secret here is patience, patience, patience.
    JDM FTW

My 2 ultimate grails are VFM and TOTC.
    A good read is like medicine for the brain.

Thread Information