Has anyone had lug springs break

Thread: Has anyone had lug springs break

Banned

Has anyone had lug springs break

I have a watch with a 20mm lug. The spring has broke once before. Do they make a heavy duty spring that is thicker or can you fit a 22 mm spring to make a snugger fit so the strap will be held on more securely. any suggestions please.

Re: Has anyone had lug springs break

It's common to have these watch pins break once in a while especially if you like to change straps on a watch. They can get over-stressed and just fall apart.

Some are thinner and more fragile than others......but mostly because of design for a certain purpose where a thinner bar is required, or where it works better...........not because of quality.

I find the slightly thicker bars to be more common, less specialty-ish.

I have had few 24mm bars explode on me, and some just get stuck when an end is over-pressed.

You can go to any watch repair place and they most likely have some bars that are maybe a bit thicker , or sometimes a department store jewelry counter, jeweler, will have bars to sell or sometimes just give you a couple.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvatch View Post
    It's common to have these watch pins break once in a while especially if you like to change straps on a watch. They can get over-stressed and just fall apart.

Some are thinner and more fragile than others......but mostly because of design for a certain purpose where a thinner bar is required, or where it works better...........not because of quality.

I find the slightly thicker bars to be more common, less specialty-ish.

I have had few 24mm bars explode on me, and some just get stuck when an end is over-pressed.

You can go to any watch repair place and they most likely have some bars that are maybe a bit thicker , or sometimes a department store jewelry counter, jeweler, will have bars to sell or sometimes just give you a couple.
    Thanks.

Thread Information