Has anyone had success haggling watch prices online? Specifically from Ashford or Gemnation?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sticky

Thread: Has anyone had success haggling watch prices online? Specifically from Ashford or Gemnation?

Has anyone had success haggling watch prices online? Specifically from Ashford or Gemnation?

Thinking about purchasing a watch from one of these sites but curious to see if I am able to haggle prices down. How did you guys do it? Thanks

Re: Has anyone had success haggling watch prices online? Specifically from Ashford or Gemnation?

I had no luck with Ashford, although they regularly have sales.

Re: Has anyone had success haggling watch prices online? Specifically from Ashford or Gemnation?

When I bought my FC Slimline Moonphase from Jomashop, I called to place the order (I always prefer personal interaction and having a name to reference if need be) The first thing I did was ask if they could do any better on the price. In the end, I think I got it down another $75 or so (it's been a few years, so I don't recall the exact figure). It wasn't exactly "hardball haggling", but heck....it never hurts to ask.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I called Swiss Military on the phone and asked for 10% off. Their phone number was at the bottom of the web page. They said O.K.

I've had success on the Ashford live chat.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

I've never dealt with either of these firms but generally online dealers don't give a much away. From what I gather you're more likely to get a favourable response if you call them and speak to someone rather than contacting them by email.
    Zeroedout likes this.

I'm guessing they do have a bit of a leeway,
    this happened with another online shop similar to gemnation, ashford, etc,
    I received a 10% coupon just by contacting them and giving them a heads up of some issues I had while browsing thru their website

and just from experience working with similar online shops, yeah, they do have a bit of a leeway

Most of them do some kind of pricematching, so I send them an email with a link to an alternate site or something. They will try to beat it, or at least match.
    :)

14060m, 16200, Pam48, AT8500, El Primero 1969, Speedy FOIS, Antea KS, Orion Minimatik, ST8000SA Tourbillon, Zeppelin 7618-1

want: ALS Saxonia, PP Nautilus,

I think sticky's observation is worth reiterating. Nowadays, everyone seems to prefer e-communication....but it's nowhere near as effective as a good ol' fashioned phone call.

Thread Information